cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the customer service focus?

Journeyman

What happened to the customer service focus?

I remember several years ago, Dan Hesse started a change in direction for the customer solutions team, and it seemed to work out very good for them, now becoming a JD Powers winner several years in a row.  You can imagine my surprise when I called to talk about cancelling two of my lines, and find out any options for upgrading my other three, and I was basically told no problem on the two cancellations, I was not under contract, and that Sprint would not help me with any upgrades.  I advised that I could get the S3 for $50 at Best Buy or Radio Shack, and that I would really like to go through Sprint to upgrade to avoid the upgrade fees on each line, and the person I was speaking to told me that I should probably just go through one of them, because they can't even do that good, only the $150 as is on their website.  The lady also told me that they now charge upgrade fees, even if doing it from their website, which was new to me. She said that it's been at least a few weeks since Sprint starting charging those again, and maybe longer, and that there wasn't any thing they could do about it.

After hearing all of this, I was very disappointed to say the least.  I advised her that one of the lines I wanted to cancel didn't even have coverage in or around their home, and she suggested the Airave, but I told her I did not want to pay any more for service than I already am.  After discussing several things for another 5 to 10 minutes, she said she would do the airave for free, however she still could not do anything about the upgrade fees, but that she would put me on hold and see if she could get authorization to help with those.  About 10 minutes later, she transferred me to a gentleman that basically told me the same things which was surprising.  Why transfer me if he's going to give me the same answer?  That made no sense.  My bill is generally around $250/month for 5 phones, for at least the last 10 years, and I've had service for 13 years approximately.

It's hard for me to believe that after all the hard work that has gone in to turning customer care around at Sprint, that they are taking such a hard line with current customers again.  Heck, they might as well go back to not giving any upgrade discounts at all, that's what it feels like, especially when new customers get an extra $100 off for porting their number to Sprint. 

In Disappointment,

Robert Prince

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.