cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I transfer a device from an ATT user to my Sprint account?

Journeyman

Why can't I transfer a device from an ATT user to my Sprint account?

My relative wants to sell me his Galaxy Note.  He is with ATT now.  I am staying with Sprint.  Why can't the phone be transfered?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Why can't I transfer a device from an ATT user to my Sprint account?

Att uses a system know as GSM and the device uses a sim card   Sprint uses a system called CDMA and does not use sim cards for our service.   The hardware of the two phones is different.  Part of the information that the device uses to connect to the system for att is contained on the card.   The requirements for the two services are different.

Journeyman

Doesn't Sprint also have GSM?  I still have my blackberry because it has GSM and SIM card so when I travel out of the country I use my blackberry.  Cant they use the techinalogy as for the blackberry for the Note. I have been waiting for the NOte for 6 mos plus. and my contracr is up just waiting on the upgrade to the NOTE.

Master

Sprint does not use GSM at all  Our world phones have GSM capability for use overseas  All of out US towers use a seperate technology.  The Samsung Note only works on the gsm system.  The Note 2 is supposed to be made in two version   gsm and cdma

Journeyman

Thank you for your timely response, but when is Sprint going to make the CDMA version of the Note available?   after it loses long time customers.. I have been with Sprint since 1997 starting with pre paid. yes they had pre paid fones back then LOL.. i don't understand the delay for the release of a product that would boost they sales.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.