cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Sprint dropping all my calls (2 Mar 2013)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is Sprint dropping all my calls (2 Mar 2013)?

My Sprint service is dropping while on a call about every minute.  It is very annoying.  It is not the phone because I have used multiple phones within our family and they all drop.  Is it the location (Far eastside of Indianapolis, IN)? Or is it the service.  Whatever it is I am getting really tired of it.

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why is Sprint dropping all my calls (2 Mar 2013)?

I too have had many dropped calls in last 2 months.  I thought it was because my phone is nearly 2 years old.  Now I see there is a problem.  I was told at the sprint store that Sprint is implementing the new LTE towers and that they are not upgrading any 3 G towers in the mean time and that many older towers are "too crowded".

The other very real problem for me is that when we bought our Epic 4G phones 2 years ago, we were told it was just a matter of weeks before 4G was up and running in the area.  Now I find out that the phones only support 4G WiMax, that was never really functional in the area.  How nice of sprint to charge me the premium 4G data fee for the last 2 years.  Great customer service!!

Highlighted
Wizard

I am on it for you, may I have your zip? What kind of device do you have? I am here to help.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

46142, but drive all over central Indiana.  one place that has never been a  problem is along State Road 37, in zip 46227, but, now I drop a call every time I am in that area

we have 2 Epic 4G phones

Highlighted
Wizard

There are events in your area, we're working on things now. Press Menu, then tap Settings and scroll up and tap About Phone. Select System Updates, then tap Update Profile. The Network is preparing your services. Please wait is displayed. When the update is completed, you are returned to the System Updates screen. Wait five minutes before testing the device. Share results!

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know, I know,.... "events". like installing LTE towers... that will be great for my non-LTE 4G phone...  it's just causing problems for 3G now....

ok, so i followed your instructions...  what improvement should I expect?

Highlighted
Journeyman

just frustrating

Highlighted
Wizard

This should be better, you may experience intermitted service. Things will be back to normal soon. Share results from the instructions.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I followed the instructions, but, I can't tell if anything is different.  Hopefully it will be.

Highlighted
Wizard

Give it a few hours and if thigs are better great, if not let me know. I work for you.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live on the east side of Indy as well (zip code 46140) and my iphone 5 started dropping calls on Thursday. I was told at the Sprint store this afternoon, it would be 3 to 5 days regarding these upgardes on the towers. Prior to Thursday my phone rarely dropped calls in my house. It is very frustrating because I use this as a business phone and can't do business when it hangs up every 3 seconds.

Highlighted

IndyHarry,

I understand how frustrating this must be, our vision architecture is a major overhaul of our network. We're replacing old equipment with new & innovative technology, given the complexity (lease agreements, municipality permits, backhauls, etc.) & magnitude of this project it will take time to complete. Our network team is working as fast as quality allows, I assure you once complete your wireless experience will be much better.

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.