cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Sprint dropping calls every minute or less (2 March 2013)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is Sprint dropping calls every minute or less (2 March 2013)?

I have had calls dropped every minute or less while on a call.  Have to keep recalling and getting dropped.  It is hard to carry on a conversation.  And it is not the phone because I have used another phone under the same plan and it is dropping too.  Also, outgoing calls dropped after second ring.  Is it the location (46229)? or the service overall?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Why is Sprint dropping calls every minute or less (2 March 2013)?

I had the same problem for 9 days straight last month on my blackberry in NY (11797) and on my son's iphone in NC (28262).  I called CS and they provisioned my phone and it still continued to happen.  So then they told me to go to a local sprint store and have them check the phone.  The store manager told me "its not Sprint, its your phone and Sprint doesnt make these phones so dont blame us".  He said Blackberry's and iPhones "suck" and that I should buy the Samsung Galaxy.  Based on all the customer complaints I'm seeing here and on Facebook, it IS the service (or lack thereof).   And the only credit they offered was $25 anytime minutes on my UNLIMITED account!  HA!

Journeyman

- LewW 

Ouch, there was a blocked call issue in the Indianapolis market, but this should be resolved. Next to that they are currently upgrading the towers in your area to Network Vision towers (LTE, enhanced 3G and voice quality). They are taking tower by tower down to replace the, with new towers and this can cause capacity issues on the neighboring towers which can result in issues like you are having.

- SUGGAFACE the same applies for both those areas. They've in both areas started with the upgrades and a lot of work still need to be done.

Unfortunately there is no way for us to upgrade the towers without it affecting services in that area. We first have to break our network temporarily down before we can rebuild it. Next to upgrading the towers we need to update our switches to new high capacity fiber cables. It requires a lot of work on the back ground that can cause issues. Once we are done and the network has been optimized for that location it will be so much better.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Journeyman

I bought a two Samsung Galaxy Nexus from Sprint in Feb, A Kyrocera Rise from them in Sep. and we have a Rumor. All of them are dropping calls with no relief in sight. AT&T phones are needed to call Sprint to complain and hear that it'll all get better in time. They intend to hold people to their contracts and offer a Airave to make us able to connect in our homes but that won't help when we actually have to go somewhere.

Sprint is killing themselves. This was a horrible corporate move. They're going to be seeing a class action suit that's gonna hurt their new Japanese owner's feelings.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.