cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low signal/ airwave

Highlighted
Journeyman

low signal/ airwave

I have had sprint service for about a month and a half and have had little to no service inside or outside my house, even though i was told that i would by my sales rep when i bought the service and 2 phones. i am right on a border of very low service and roaming (have yet to keep a call since i switched) and i was told to change some roaming settings but it doesnt seem to be helping. And now i need to wait until i have been with sprint for 90 days before i can actually use my phone in the house and hope i dont have to pay $130 to do so? never had issues with any other service provider in home. anyway that this is a quicker cheeper fix?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: low signal/ airwave

The AIRAVE only works with your internet connection if and I stress IF you have a perfectly tuned internet connection. You may have a super fast connection like I had but since it wasn't completely stable the AIRAVE would not work. You need to do a Voice Over IP test (google it) and if it falls into the acceptable levels then it will work if it doesn't it won't - I had the AIRWAVE for 6 months and it never worked for me. We had thought it was a bad AIRAVE but it wasn't - Sprint blamed it on my Internet Provider and said I had to call them to fix it. It's not my internet providers fault that my cell phone doesn't work in my home. It's Sprint's fault! I have had to download the "Magic Jack" app so that I can make outgoing calls over my internet connection - this app mind you doesn't need a highly tuned connection for it to work. The Magic Jack app for iPhone and Android is free to download and all outgoing calls are free. If  you want a dedicated phone number you need to pay $30 for the entire year. This app also works with your phones data connection not that you would be using it if you had a data connection but you will still get calls if you are out and about. I am currently using the free version and I am not able to make calls from my home - I would NOT bother with the AIRAVE - What I have done if someone calls my cell I tell them I will call them right back and have hours of totally FREE calls that don't take away from your minutes. I think this is what Sprint needs to do. They either need to partner with Magic Jack or make their own app so that people who don't have reception at home or at work can actually use their phones. Or at least until Sprint decides to put up more towers in these areas - I really hope this doesn't get deleted since I'm steering a customer toward an app that doesn't use the Sprint Plan.

Highlighted

Re: low signal/ airwave

matt99999

Thank you for posting your concerns on our community forums, I understand how frustrating this must be. Allow me to evaluate the network in your area, please provide the nearest cross street & zip code to your location. Also, I see you mentioned a charge for $130.00, did the agent over the phone mentioned the Airave device as a possible solution to your issue?

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.