cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone replaced under service plan, intermittent OTA 3G data problems, error code 67

Highlighted
Journeyman

phone replaced under service plan, intermittent OTA 3G data problems, error code 67

I recently had my EVO 3D replaced under a best buy service plan. The new phone has been having intermittent data connection problems over 3G. From searches it has been recommended to do a Profile and/or PRL update. However these fail even if I try with wifi. I have gotten error codes 67, 1012, and 1233.

I've tried hard reset, remove battery, wait a minute, etc without any improvement.  Any suggestions? It is irritating to not have reliable data service when outside of wifi hot spots.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: phone replaced under service plan, intermittent OTA 3G data problems, error code 67

retrogames,

Thank you for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issue but I have some good news. The errors you are seeing are due to incorrect authentication from the phone on the network. Usually this can be fixed by a simple update profile, but it should like you've tried that already. This means  there may be a mis-match of information on the account side that I would be happy to address for you.

If you would, please send me your phone number and I will get the data profile changed out. This should address any error codes you are seeing and fix the issue. Please send info through private message only. Do not post to the public forum.

In the mean time to rule out the phone completely you may try dialing ##72786# and press reset. <-- This reset option will clear ONLY network settings, no need to worry about losing any personal data.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

Re: phone replaced under service plan, intermittent OTA 3G data problems, error code 67

I am having similar problems with a replacement phone.  But I keep losing sercvice entirely and it tells me to insert a SIM Card.  I posted in the Samsung forum yesterday but no one answerd.   I will try the ##72786#  thing.   Do I need to get service to do this?  Currently, I've got no service anywhere.  Just a circle with a line through it.  It's not even roaming like it usually does when I go in to the middle of my building.

Journeyman

##72786# requires a password on my phone to proceed.  Chris provided a pw via PM but that did not go work, so my next step will be to visit a Sprint store and get the ##72786# reset command to work.

Thanks.

Wizard

Sorry about that retrogames!

I get a lot of PM's and it appears I overlooked your last message. I have sent you another message in response that should help out.

Thank you,

Chris

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.