cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam 1 8776711851

Highlighted
Journeyman

scam 1 8776711851

Number called pretended to be sprint I called *2 And they said it was not them. they blocked number for me. however, You think they would block out number for all customers. When you google number it has been a scam since 2008. Why would a company leave me or others vunerable to a scam that involes thier name. Come on sprint protect your customers and ban this number from calling people.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Master

scam 1 8776711851

I am sorry you got called by that number and am glad it got blocked for you.  However, there is a finite number of  available phone numbers and consequently they get bought and sold all the time.  It is possible that a perfectly reputable company could own that number tomorrow.  I hope that helps to answer your question!

Journeyman

scam 1 8776711851

scam 1 8776711851

I  understand that but this has been a number that has been linked to  sprints name  since 2008. Just google it read forums. I feel that sprint  and other companys should ban number until when this problem arises.  the telephone number people/ goverment or whomever regulates numbers  should also have number shut down and locked for a period of time to  protect everyone from scamslike this (meaning scam involing huge  companys like yourself. that leaves many people at risk. I never  recieved a text telling me to watch out for this possible scam you could  at least do that to protect your customers. If we get scamed then we  cant pay our bill leaving you out of a job.

Master

scam 1 8776711851

That was not a scam, It IS a Sprint number and they were calling you to offer you or sell you something. You can opt out of cold calls  from your account page under my preferences>All abount my account>Email & Sprint notifications. You need to do it for all phones on your account.

Wizard

scam 1 8776711851

Coming from Sprint or not, it is still a scam, Levi4u and should be blocked.  Sprint has no business calling their customers with stupid offers and things like that.  Block the number forever.  Who cares who the future owner of that number will be.

Journeyman

scam 1 8776711851

actually,sprint does have the right to call customers and offer them new services, and if you don't like it you can simply turn it off. its not the crisis you make it out to be.

Journeyman

scam 1 8776711851

Wow look call sprint *2  ask if the number is them. They wl let u know not to give any of your info outto this number it is a scam. What  im saying is if this scam had been going on for so long why I the customer have never recieved alert letting me know that scam artist are use thier company name tryin to defruad me

Journeyman

scam 1 8776711851

customer service said fruad and when i googled it. it said fruad

Master

scam 1 8776711851

It's not fraud, It is Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.