cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two lines - one has broken phone, one is ready for upgrade...what should I do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

two lines - one has broken phone, one is ready for upgrade...what should I do?

I'm very frustrated with Sprint right now.  I have an HTC Evo that is up for an upgrade.  I have had numerous problems with the phone and had to make TWO insurance claims and I still have a broken phone.  The first time the phone broke it was my screen when I dropped it (my fault), but I pay $8 a month so this stuff gets fixed.  So they sent me a new phone and I paid the $100...and the new phone won't hold a charge!  Like will not charge at all.  So I take it into a sprint store to get fixed and they can't fix it, so I make another claim and they send me a new phone, and I send back the old one.  Well the new phone works for a few weeks, until this green stuff starts showing up on the screen.  In the mean time, my Husband's HTC Evo 3D breaks and he goes to make a claim and they say that I had never sent back my first broken phone (which I did) and so therefore I had made a fraudulent claim. So they wouldn't replace it.  He gets a blackberry bold for cheap.  Well now the blackberry is broken...also won't hold a charge.  And the top piece fell off.

So I call sprint and they tell me to take his phone into a store and they will replace the battery or I could make another claim (which Asurion will try and block) and pay $100. 

Can someone give me the number to retention?  I could spend the $200 to get out of his contract and get two iphones for free at Verizon right now and pay the same per month.  OR I could upgrade my phone to an iphone5 and sprint could keep me and my husband as a customer...but he needs a new phone!

Is this something that the retention group can handle?  I haven't been able to talk to anyone that can actually help me.

EDIT: I called sprint...and I was offered $125 to buy out my husband's contract plus whatever the new phone costs.  If both our phones are broken, shouldn't this be something the company can help with?  I was planning on upgrading my phone with sprint and spending some more money too!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: two lines - one has broken phone, one is ready for upgrade...what should I do?

There is not a direct number to retentions but you can ask to be connected. There may not be much they can do. sorry there is no number, but i hope this helps. dial *2 from phone.

Journeyman

Re: two lines - one has broken phone, one is ready for upgrade...what should I do?

Do you have the tracking information when you send the phone out?  It could solve the fradulent claim issue.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.