cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown contacts in phone-cant delete

Highlighted
Journeyman

unknown contacts in phone-cant delete

I have phone numbers in my phone that do not have a name with them but I can not delete. Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: unknown contacts in phone-cant delete

Hi SWILLS26,

Thanks for your Community post regarding phone numbers in your phone contact list, that do not have a name attached to them, and aren't allowing you to delete them. May you please provide the device model you are using? Also, is your device synced to an e-mail address or any social networking sites like Facebook? Some devices allow you to sync your phone to these sites and it will pull information into your phone that people attached to their social networking profiles.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have my email on my phone an Facebook was synced but I unsynced it hoping it would get rid of them.. I have an HTC EVO

Highlighted
Wizard

I just want to get a footing for where the focus the troubleshooting.

When you tap and hold on the number, what options appear?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

The options call mobile and send a as vcard appear

Highlighted
Wizard

Odd. Okay. In the contacts, hit menu and delete. It should show all your contacts for a mass delete. Do the numbers show up in that list?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

No they do not show up

Highlighted
Wizard

Okay. You said you were synced to your email account, correct? Do the numbers show up there? If they do, can you delete them there?

The next step I would advise would be to ensure your contacts are backed up on your email account, back up your apps to your SD card and do a factory reset to erase your phone. After that, import your numbers back to the device and apps from your SD card.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.