cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is sprint lack of service reliability considered breach of contract

Journeyman

Re: when is sprint lack of service reliability considered breach of contract

Has there been an update for this issue.  Still experiencing the above-mentioned issues in the 27713 zipcode.   It's unacceptable

Journeyman

We have been having trouble with our Galaxy s2 since sept. 2012 and they keep telling me they either are doing upgrades on the towers for capacity issues or there are towers down I have spoke to sprint at least 25 to 30 times and keep getting the run around . Tonight they said my usage for calls text and data is usage is up so there must not be a problem so they basically said I either have to pay the canclelation fees to get out of my contract or wait till it is up. I am getting only half the service but still have to pay full price. getting nothin but run around each call I made to them took 2 to 3 hours each call

Journeyman

Danbu, I have been in the same place.

I have called a dozen times since Nov 12 when we came back to Sprint.  Got the new iPhone 5 and have had nothing but issues since we started.  First bad reps promising stuff they could not keep, stating we get free activation and would see a credit, then of course after the return policy expired Sprint says "they are not a corporate store and are not authorized to make such promises".  Then we started having signal issues with no data, and they kept saying an update was coming, or a new PRL was out, or we call and they say oh you are not on version 6.1.2, which just came out that day.  I finally pushed hard enough that I got a direct number to their advance tech support that apparently "costs a ton of money".  I finally had a tech there have me put my phone into field test mode and read the information to him.  He monitored my data and sure enough could see me when I was on my air rave, but not on normal cell towers.  So he scheduled an actual technician visit to my home to confirm.  I will then have to wait and see, for now I still don't have data when I am out in my town unless I go through resets in order to get back on the network.  Most likely tech will pull up, test data, his phone in his truck with an extender, will work fine and I will be stuck where I started, piss poor service at a premium cost.

I have been told;

1. You are in a Wimax area that causes data issues with LTE phones
  2. You have 1 of three towers out that cause this issue (apparently also causes my assisted GPS to say North is South)
  3. Your towers are overloaded (where I responded with "where is that on your data coverage map when making a decision to come to sprint?")
  4. Also, apparently my AirRave is a repeater and doesn't use Internet, according to a "supervisor".  So if I have data on it then I should outside.  Yet I see my router port flashing like crazy when using voice or data on my phone.  And guess what happens when I turn off the modem?

Like every other corporate American company, they tell you just enough to get you in, and hope that you don't return during the window you can.  Then they have you hook line and sinker, and will make their money from you one way or another.  A good honest cell company would give you 30 days to test their network.  I have said this time and time again to cell providers, "I can create a new cell company called "Global" and show you a map that says I have service over the entire planet, even Antarctica. This doesn't mean I do, just because my map says it does"

There is a reason Sprint forums are full of the same complaint.  They over promise, but under deliver, then blame you for it.

Journeyman

Please note that as of 2/27/2013, our iPhone 5 issue was resolved when Apple replaced the device. I'm leaving the message below in case anyone else comes across this issue.

We are also having this issue with an iPhone 5 phone on our family plan ("not authorized to make calls"). It happened for the 4th time tonight (2 times in one night!) where my dad's phone was unable to make or received calls or texts. I am very worried because he might unable to make a call if he's in an emergency. According to the supervisor he talked to on one call, they didn't have any record of the previous 2 issues we called in, and could not offer any issue resolution (and did not even provide a ticket number or issue escalation). This is very disappointing -- we switched to Sprint with recommendations of better service, and never even recevied any follow up calls or emails regarding the times this has already happened.

Can any Sprint representative here provide us with help or guidance? I was only told to take his phone to the Apple store, which we will do, but seems unlikely to resolve the issue based on the number of similar complaints people have been having on these message boards.  (replacing the device resolved the issue)

Also, this appears to have been happening since at least August 2012: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/96997

Wizard

lopo007,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this concerning issue and we would be more than happy to help.  I reviewed the thread you provided but unable to obtain any information since it was continued privately.  What steps were taken at that time that provided a solution?  Is this happening to multiple users or only your dad?  Is he located in the same area as yourself or elsewhere?  Any details you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

Hi David,

I don't have much detail at this time, but it turns out that the iPhone 5 was the issue. After some back and forth between the Apple and Sprint store, Apple replaced the device -- it seemed to be something weird with the SIM card & the phone. It looks like a hardware issue was causing it to drop service every so often, causing the "unauthorized" message.

Thank you!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all articles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.