cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.

Journeyman

Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.

The Airave is connected to my Comcast cable modem, my NetGear N600 wireless router is connected to the Airave 2.5. My Wi-Fi is broadcasting and my devices can access the internet, i.e. smart phone, tablets, and laptops. However YouTube videos won't play on any of them. When I connect the router directly to the modem, bypassing the Airave, YouTube works fine on all devices. Technical support was not able to diagnose the problem.  Any suggestions anyone?

13 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.

I have Airave connected to modem. No router. Just Airave, modem & pc. I cannot stream YouTube videos on my pc. YouTube streams fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Other streaming video providers (other than YouTube) work fine. I have the latest flash player, browser, etc...etc...

Wizard

SMHreSprint,

Thanks for reporting this. I apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please try connecting the Airave to the router, rather than in between the router and modem? Please let me know if that works.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Do you have any suggestions for the same problem watching YouTube with just Airave and modem? I do not have a router I just have Airave and modem. Airave is connected to modem and pc is connected to Airave. Thanks.

Journeyman

Sorry for the late reply, I thought of bypassing the modem as well and it resolved the issue. I was hesitant because the Airave instructions specifically said NOT to connect directly to the Router, and when I suggested this to Technical Support the person said it would not work.  Perhaps the instructions can be revised with this step or included in troubleshooting guide, or at least provided to Technical Support Personnel. Thanks.

Now what about 4G for zip code 20186?

Journeyman

If you have another Ethernet port on the Modem connect the pc directly to the Modem, if not perhaps you could purchase some sort of adapter to provide extra ports? Sorry, I'm not the most technically astute. But I’m 99% sure the problem is with the Airave, like my issue. You'll need to find a way to bypass connecting your PC to it and go straight to the Modem, or router in my case. Good luck.

Wizard

DHeil,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please try the suggestion that SMHreSprint made. Remove the Airave as a middle component between the modem and pc and connect it to a separate modem port, if available. The end result should be both the Airave and pc connected directly to the modem but on separate ports. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

SMHreSprint,

Thanks for following up and letting us know it worked. I checked into 4G availability in 20186 and I don't have an exact date to give you at this time. We are working on 4G tower installations from the Gainesville area down towards your location. Keep tabs on work being completed for data speed upgrades by visiting www.Sprint.com/LTE. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thank you SMHreSprint & Carlos. I am sure the suggestion would work but unfortunately my modem only has two ports, one for the DSL cable and one for the PC (ethernet).

I have the PC connected to lan1 on Airave and Airave is connected to the ethernet port on the modem. The DSL cable is plugged into the DSL port on the modem.

Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issue and after making several calls to Sprint's Airave Tech Support, someone FINALLY told me the Airave prevents the router from having its own ip address, therefore, YT, which requires this doesn't work.  From past discussions dated September 2012 - It's been a year and AM I TO SURMISE THAT THERE STILL ISN'T RESOLUTION???

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.