cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Airvana Hookup

Journeyman

3G Airvana Hookup

Ok,

I just got a 3G Airvana to replace my old Samsung Airave.  Unfortunately for me, I am part of a broadband study through http://samknows.com/ (FCC comissioned) and they provided me with a router that has "special sauce" inside it.  According to SamKnows all my traffic is supposed to go through the router they provided.  Can I hook the 3G Airvana behind it and make it work or do I have to hook it up in front of the router I'm using now?  I can post a diagram if needed.

15 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 3G Airvana Hookup

Try hooking it behind it first

Wizard

Hello,

Sterling462 is correct, as I would put the airave behind also.  If you have any other questions, please call (866) 556-7310 for support.  

Journeyman

I will do that tonight.  Right now I have it hooked up in front of my other router but I will be redoing my network tonight as I reinstall my home server (Amahi).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Working hooked up behind my other router.  Now to just wait for a firmware update to allow me to actually block other people in my apartment building.

Journeyman

SMCCLOUD, i'm glad to hear that yours is up an running. I can get the Airvana working when connecting directly to the cable modem. Unfortunately when I use the cable modem-->router-->airvana setup I get blinking mobile amber light. I'm using Trendnet TEW652BRP.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Journeyman

Give it a reserved DHCP address and put that address in the DMZ of the router.    

Journeyman

I did. But it did not help.

Journeyman

Then you will have to put it in front of your router or use your router as an access point.

Journeyman

Re: Firmware update

I agree on the Firmware update thing, or how about Sprint just gets the feature on thier site working? I have borderline internet to make this device work, so I wouldnt mind restricting it's access so im not so thin on internet for my PC's.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.