Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIRAVE RECEPTION??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

AIRAVE RECEPTION??

I have my Airave set up next to the computer in the basement.  When I am on the first floor of my house there are areas that my phone will not connect to the Airave.  Will it help to move the unit itself to higher ground?  Second question.  What is the purpose of the gps?  I am assuming that once I locked in and my lights are all blue that the gps has nothing to do with connecting to my phones.  Am I right about that.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: AIRAVE RECEPTION??

You can most likely improve your reception if you put the AIRAVE off the floor, and above any cement/steel/cinderblock areas.  The GPS is for three reasons; 1) E-911 can access your location, 2) Your phone can use that location for applications (Navigation), 3) Sprint only wants you using the device in the USA and therefore requires a GPS-lock in the USA.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

You can most likely improve your reception if you put the AIRAVE off the floor, and above any cement/steel/cinderblock areas.  The GPS is for three reasons; 1) E-911 can access your location, 2) Your phone can use that location for applications (Navigation), 3) Sprint only wants you using the device in the USA and therefore requires a GPS-lock in the USA.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

dman, thanks.  I moved my Airave about twenty feet on the other side of a block wall.  Now it is located directly in the middle of my basement and I mounted it on a shelf up near the ceiling.  It appears that this totally resolved my issue and I get full bars thru out the house.  Thank you

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat