Journeyman

Re: AIRAVE not working

Broadband light is flashing green, and mobile is flashing amber

Journeyman

thanks!

Master

All lights has to be solid green consistently to have Airave working. I would suggest  you to plug Airave directly to Modem(from wan on Airave to Ethernet on modem) and then from Lan 1 on Airave to one of the 4 ports on the router. This ideal way of setting up Airave. Then give 15-20 minutes and check how  Airave responds.

Abe

Journeyman

I thought that if the lights were blinking green then the connection was good. I have the airave plugged into the router. All the lights just changed to green now so its working fine. It has been consistently green before and then two lights would turn red suddenly.

Master

If broadband light is blinking green what that shows is internet is not coming to Airave.How  is your Airave plugged in to Modem or Router?

Abe

Journeyman

The network and broadband lights are blinking green

Master

What are the 2 lights which are flashing green?

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi I just received my airave on Wednesday and it has been pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it works and at other times only two of the LED lights are flashing green. What do you think I should do?

Journeyman

Hi Tom,

I just ran a speedtest again just now.  Here are the following results:

Download Speed - 4.97 Mbps

Upload Speed - 663 kbps

Quality of Service - 21%

Upload Quality of Service - 50%

Jitter - Me to Server - 179.2 ms

Jitter - Server to Me - 25.5 ms

Packet Loss - 0.0%

MOS Score - Estimated at 3.6

What does all this mean to me?  All my lights are solid green.  I unpluged the ethernet cord and the power cord on the airave last night and it is now working wi8th the exception of my phone. 

Journeyman

Mine was the same way when I ran the test.  All requirements were within limits, but jitter, which was over 200. The airave is plugged in correctly, but I wonder if the set up at my BIL's house is the culprit.  They have several devices using the wi-fi from the modem (phones, computer, nooks, and a xbox, which my nephew on is 24/7). I have noticed that when he is not on the xbox, I am able to hear whoever is calling me and they can hear me just fine.  Is there anyway to have the Airave hooked up so that it does not interfere with his Xbox use (although he really should get off of it. )?