Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Rave stopped working-what do I do?

Journeyman

Air Rave stopped working-what do I do?

Air Rave was working fine for a couple of months, now suddenly it has stopped working.  Of the four lights, I get blue for the top and bottom lights, and solid red for the middle two.  Not happy.  Has anyone had this happened and been able to fix it?   I have tried turning off for extended periods of time, and completely unplugging overnight...but when I reconnect it it never comes back online.  I have the extender (small box plugged into main unit) attached as well.  But no luck. What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Air Rave stopped working-what do I do?

When did yours stop working?  My Airave stopped working also, on Thursday afternoon (March 25th).  Nothing seemed to fix it.  However, I noticed that when I plugged it directly into my modem, as opposed to my router, that it worked fine.  I called Airave tech support and chatted with a nice woman who actually kept calling me and worked with me for much of the afternoon yesterday and also today.

In the meantime, I went out to buy a new router, thinking that was the issue (even though my current router is less than a year old.)  Still didn't work.  Had every port open and unblocked and all firewalls disabled.  Nothing.  The woman I kept talking to insisted, though, that the problem wasn't the Airave, since it worked fine when plugged directly to the router.

I ended up calling my ISP tech support and talked to a nice guy for about 35 minutes.  He determined it was nothing on his end, and he thought maybe that a firmware update had gone out for the Airave that possibly caused a problem.  It would connect to my router, but was not able to go out and get assigned an IP address.  We discussed a few things, and I asked him if an ethernet hub might work - he said he hadn't thought of that but it was worth a shot.

I went to Staples to buy one.  Brought it home, hooked it up, and bam, within 10 minutes, the Airave worked pefectly again!  So, perhaps you could try that.  The one I bought was about $25.

It's still not really a "fix," but at least it will work!

btw, my hook up is like this: Cable modem -> ethernet hub -> Airave.  You can then plug your wireless router into the hub, and everything should work normally.  Just make sure that the Airave is separate from the router.

Good luck!  I've had a frustrating 48 hours, but glad that it's finally all working again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It was probably a week and a half ago, or two weeks.  Not sure of the exact day.

Interesting solution.  I will give that a shot later today.  Out of curiosity, what brand/model hub did you buy?  Probably doesn't matter, but just in case...:)

Thanks for the response!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought a Netgear something or other.  It has 5 switches.  It was the cheapest one I could find..... about $25 at Staples.

The Airave has worked great since then.  No problems whatsoever.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat