cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirRave not working ....

Journeyman

AirRave not working ....

I have had the AirRave for about two months and the service has been sporatic at best.  I am literally 2 ft from it and all the lights are Green and I am roaming on AT&Ts network !! (I just reset the AirRave, nothing, I reset my phone and still nothing).   I do the *99 check on my phone and it goes to an AT&T recording.  This has happened numerous times before ... it just quits working.  Very frustrating.  I am using COX cable and have the AirRave external to an Airris Modem (supplied by COX) and a NetGear WNR3500L Router.  It worked in this configuration when I set it up, but it seems to be very sporatic now.  My son is an iPhone5 user and he is getting the double message issue (which I see Sprint is working), I am using a Samsung Conquer Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: AirRave not working ....

Sorry for the inconvenience. How is you’re Airave device plugged. Is it from Modem-Airave-Router or Modem-Router-Airave?.

Abe

Journeyman

Modem-Router-AirRave.  I'd set it up that way to keep it isolated it from the rest of the network (which also needs to be reset on occasion).

Journeyman

Update... After spending several hours reading hundreds of posts, and messing with my Router (learning way more than I need to know about Port Forwarding, Assigning IP addresses, and GMZ)...  After assigning an  Static IP to the AirRave, and Routing/Forwarding Ports 53, 57, 68, 500, and 4500 (5060 and 5061 for good measure).  I now have All Green lights and still NO SIGNAL ....  still roaming on AT&Ts network.  I'm calling it quits for now, but any thought out there I'm all ears. 

I'll probably try and call Sprint Tech Service when I have a few hours to set aside (or maybe try the GMZ route before I do) ...  as my daughter would say...  Mehe

Journeyman

An update for anyone following along.

I removed all the changes I did to the Router (so it is basically back the setting before adding the AirRave), and restarted it and it is working fine.  The one thing that I did differently was to switch the phones Roaming setting to "Sprint Only", to prevent it from roaming.  And that seems to be doing the trick. 

Apparently, in roaming mode it preferes to lock onto the AT&T signal and stay on that even though the AirRave is 2 feet away .....  I can't explain it, but that is what appears to be happening.  It's been a few days and no issues.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat