cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 1.0

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave 1.0

If I were to buy one of these devices off of ebay or Amazon, would Sprint provision it, or are they completely obsolete? I prefer the older ones as they have a detachable antenna whereas the pictures of the newest by Airvana seem to have non-removable antennas.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Airave 1.0

I received this today about my Airave 1.0

I called the airave department at 855-881-5361, and they are now sending me a new airave 2.5 for free.

IMPORTANT ACCOUNT ALERT

You are receiving this letter as a part of our ongoing commitment to keep you informed of changes impacting your Sprint account. Our records indicate that you, or another subscriber on your account, has an Airave 1.0 device.

Effective August 1, 2013, your Airave 1.0 device will no longer be supported by Sprint or our vendor partner, Samsung.

As part of the change, Sprint will no longer bill you for service or charge you an early termination fee for this device, as it will no longer operate on the Sprint network. Any final charges will appear on your invoice within the next two billing cycles

Highlighted
Journeyman

JohnO1974,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately we would not be able to do that. We are not using the airave 1.0 anymore. Do you have the 2.5? Let us know

Sincerely,

Aron B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 2.5 is unsuitable for my needs. While you can attach an external GPS antenna to it, it doesn't appear from what I've seen that you can attach an external CDMA antenna to it.

I would like to be able to put it into a structure media panel, something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/eTdLoSG.jpg

Of course, having your Airave in a big metal box would degrade the signal... so you need to wire it up so the antenna is outside of that. If you have a detachable antenna, of course. That's why I wanted the Samsung.

John O.

Highlighted
Wizard

JohnO1974,

I apologize for the late response. We will no longer be provisioning or supporting the Airave 1.0.

Dania

Social Media Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

The antenna actually is detachable with a small gauge cable to extend to a windowsill.  Wouldn't it be nice if they would read and respond to your whole question?

Highlighted
Master

IngasMommy wrote:

The antenna actually is detachable with a small gauge cable to extend to a windowsill.  Wouldn't it be nice if they would read and respond to your whole question?

The small gauge cabler and antenna are for GPS. They are not related to the CDMA antenna for signal. The Airave devices have to get an accurate GPS location due to FCC mandates required for licensed spectrum usage. They will not work unless an accurate GPS location is available due to this. Many times in-building GPS location locks are not accurate enough so it has an optional external GPS antenna to improve GPS connectivity.

Highlighted
Journeyman

But of course.  Sorry.  I wasn't differentiating between the two.  I'm only moderately tech savvy.  These things make sense when explained to me, but I don't always recognize them on my own.  😕

Highlighted
Wizard

IngasMommy,

Thanks for the post. There is a lot of info on the Airave page @ sprint.com.  Check it out here. There are a lot of FAQs here. www.sprint.com/airave

Victor

Sprint Social Media

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat