cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 2.5 and iPhone 7 - no longer necessary to turn off LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave 2.5 and iPhone 7 - no longer necessary to turn off LTE?

On my iPhone 6, it was necessary to disable LTE in order for it to connect to the Airave. With my new iPhone 7, I notice that it seems to connect to the Airave fine with LTE turned on. A technician at Airave support told me that I should still turn LTE off as otherwise I could have call problems, or it may work only intermittently, but so far it seems to work fine. Just wondering what other people's experiences are with the Airave 2.5 and iPhone 7?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care

Re: Airave 2.5 and iPhone 7 - no longer necessary to turn off LTE?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, definitely getting the threw beeps - without turning LTE off, and without having to manually dial *99 - the phone just seems to connect automatically when the Airave is powered on. I've only tested it for a few calls though - I'll report back whether I notice any problems after using it for several days.

Journeyman

Three beeps, that is...

Journeyman

A week later, and it's been working great!

Journeyman

I was asked by sprint to return my air rave because I can use wi-wireless through my iphone 7.  I am still having issues with phone calls being dropped in my home.  Can someone please help.

Sprint Employee

I have spoken to many people who have had trouble with iPhone 7 and Airave 2.5. Something that I have seen is Wifi calling being enabled; improving service and preventing contact with airave, and some of the time improvements to the service. Are you still hearing that you’re within airave coverage when you dial *99? Do you usually have Wifi setting on or off?

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat