cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 2.5 requires me to manual change mobile network mode

Patron

Airave 2.5 requires me to manual change mobile network mode

I received a new Airave 2.5 as a replacement for an early model that failed.   I am VERY DISSAPPOINTED.  Use of my old Airave was seamless.  I never had to manually make any changes to the network mode of any of my family's phones.  After setting up my replacement a few days ago, and seeing that it had connected to Sprint fine I noticed that none of my phones had a signal in my home.  I called support today and they were able to get me connected, but not without manually changing the mobile network setting of each phone. This means to get the best service awaya from my home I have to manual change the settings when I leave my house and again when I return.   This is unacceptable.  This needs t be address or I will be looking for a carrier to buy out all 5 of my lines and be done with Sprint.  A replacement for a failed unit should not feel like a downgrade and inconvience to use.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Airave 2.5 requires me to manual change mobile network mode

I've encountered the same issues. Having to turn off my WiFi and set the mobile network to 3g in order to make it work is not convenient in any way. It also limits my ability to surf the web and I can't Chromecast from my phone because I'm no longer on the WiFi network. The engineers that make these things should try using them.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat