Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 2.5 stopped functioning, all indicator lights started flashing amber

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave 2.5 stopped functioning, all indicator lights started flashing amber

As mentioned, my Airave no longer seems to be functioning. All of my indicator lights have started blinking yellow. I've read up on these forums, and hus far, I've done the following without success:

• Changed the order of my router / Airave installation
  • Changed power supplies
  • Left the device powered down for 30 minutes or more
  • Attempted to reset the device- though I hear/feel the reset button clicking, it has no discernible affect (e.g., the lights keep blinking at the same frequency). I have attempted quickly depressing and releasing the button as well as holding it for 10 and 20 second periods- all to no avail.
  • Edit: forgot two
    • changed Ethernet cable
    • changed port on router with a known good port. The previously good one didn't light up as connected, while the former Airave port now showed connectivity and the device in question still had connectivity.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Airave 2.5 stopped functioning, all indicator lights started flashing amber

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you are having. I'll be happy to help. please disconnect the Airave, and modem from their power source. Wait 5 minutes, turn on the Airave. Wait another 5 minutes, then turn on the Modem. Please let me know if that helps.

Thank you,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good morning, Ivan.  I have "jumped into" this conversation because my Airave Access Point has also stopped working.  I have also followed many of the troubleshooting procedures.  I live in an area in which Sprint connectivity is impossible without an Airave device. I have had this "replacement" Airave for about two+ years with no issues.  This morning, after the inability to *99 the network and after noticing that the Voicemail, VoiP Phone, and Broadband lights on the Airave were blinking yellow at about 1 blink/second, I began troubleshoot and searching posts for a remedy.

I suspect that the unit is "fried".

I have attempted all of the previously mentioned troubleshooting techniques mentioned by aggrieved and followed the advice you posted on the 15th.

As aggrieved mentioned, I have attempted to use the "reset" button on the Airave unit as well and it appears to have no affect.  Please advice.

Don

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an additional observation. The power supply light on the transformer, mid-AC-line, is blinking at the same frequency.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All we need are new power cords. 

Found that my power cord light on the block (transormer) was blinking at the same frequency. Found another post in the "More Like This" links. I'll be calling Airave CS as soon as they are open for business.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spent $17 out of pocket, including shipping, and AWAY from Radio Shack. Received it in two days.  Airave is back up and running properly.  Thanks, James at CS phone support. Problem resolved!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ivan,

I tried your suggestion to no avail (incidentally, a telephone tech had made that suggestion a few days prior to your response). Sprint ultimately sent me a replacement device and after a few issues getting it set up (delayed provisioning, etc) I seem to be back up and running.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat