cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 2.5 won't connect to HTC One?

Patron

Re: Airave 2.5 won't connect to HTC One?

I have also that even though I'm on channel 476 with no reception,when I run a speed test when i'm near the airave I get a better 3G speed than if the airave was unplugged (like it's actually working). Has anyone else experienced this?

Journeyman

The Airave transmits data on a separate channel from the voice. It is very possible to have a data connection but no voice connection.

Patron

Does anyone have a update on the patch release?

Journeyman

I feel that all of us who have been having this problem have been more than patient waiting for Sprint to fix this issue.  My patience is starting to wear thin with empty promises from airave support and customer service representatives.  All I want is to be able to use my phone in my home with the device that worked until I upgraded to a "better" 4G phone.  Is that too much to ask?  Please get this problem fixed ASAP!

Journeyman

There are maybe one or more workarounds to this issue until a more permanent fix is available, and Sprint should really stop acting like a mom-and-pop carrier and take action on this.  On our end, and maybe others, we upgraded to the newer 4G devices and started incurring the new $10 premium data charge per line with the expectation that our data experience will be "enhanced", and now we do not get airave connection at home?  Does not make any sense.  Well, I guess we can always piggy-back on our Comcast wi-fi but pay sprint the $10 premium data charge to do so.

Would it do any good for someone (who has some time on their hands) to consider filing some complaint against sprint at this point?  Just posing a question because as stated, some customers have been patiently waiting for sprint to fix this issue for some time now.

Journeyman

I have had the same issue since I renewed my contract 4 months ago.  Sprint has wasted sooo much of my time in trying to correct this issue!!  I have been to the service center 3 different time - they were no help and VERY rude, plus made me wait over an hour each time.  Now just last week, Sprint decided to send me a new HTC One stating that mine "was bad".  I activated to the phone this weekend and STILL have the exact same problem!!  My wife's Samsung Galaxy S4 has very little issues with connecting to the airave (It is not perfect either missed calls wont show up at times).  Now this morning Sprint wants me to take the new phone to the service center and have it checked out!!!  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!  I paid $200 for a phone that doesn't work and $150 per month for service I can't use!!  By the way, there is a class action lawsuit building against Sprint for these types of issues!!  You can google "Sprint class action lawsuit" and get all the information.

Journeyman

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got off the phone with HTC and they verified that there is a compatibility issue between the HTC one and the Airave 2.5.  They said that this is a Sprint issue and there is no fix available from HTC.  They said it is the airave hardware itself that is not compatible with the HTC One.  SO NOW WHAT?????  Sprint refuses to replace my HTC one with a Samsung Galaxy 4S, which I know works with the Airave 2.5.  If there is no fix how can I properly use my phone, especially since 90% of my calls are made from home!! 

Journeyman

Hi 1BADGTS,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Will you please send me a Private Message with the following information and I will have one of our senior Airave technicians review the data and follow up with you. I believe there are some setting adjustments that can fix the issue with the HTC One.

• MAC ID (located on Airave device label)
  • Your mobile phone number
  • MSID (located on device label)

• Metro area in which you are located

Thanks,

Karen

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well here is the latest......Besides Karen in the post above seeing what she can do, Sprint has told me that I need to "Just deal with it" until they are able to find a fix, which they are not working on because they say there is no reported issues OR I can send all my equipment back and for doing so negate the $350 early termination fee, but I lose the $470 on the equipment I purchased less that 4 months ago that has never worked properly and still have to pay my $150 bill for this month even though I haven't been able to utilize the service properly!  I even asked them just to send me a Galaxy S4 and that I would even pay the difference (even though there shouldn't be one), but they refused.  They also refused to call HTC and verify the compatibility issues.  So anyway you look at it, it sounds like we all are completely  [inappropriate word removed]!!!  Way to go Sprint!!!!!!!  Another wonderful example of you taking great care of your customers!!!!!

Message was edited by: TheModerator
This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

After months of battling with Sprint customer service over this issue, I spoke with a relative who actually sells Sprint services.  They talk to their local Sprint rep and with in 3 hours I received a call from Sprint Corp office.  The Corp rep I talked to was able to work thing out to where I was able to obtain a different model phone.  I went with the Galaxy S4, because I knew my wife's worked just fine with our Airave 2.5.  I got the phone activated, had to do a PRL update and had the device (Airave 2.5) refreshed and what do you know........Everything works PERFECTLY!!!!!  I am so very glad to have everything finally working right, but I am still very disappointed in Sprint customer service and the months of fighting it took to get this all figured out!!

Journeyman

It is really unfortunate that Sprint is doing nothing to fix the problem.  I really like my HTC one and do not want the galaxy phone.  PLEASE Sprint, do something for your customers, especially one who has been with your company for more than 5 years.  I need to be able to use the phone at my house, without the airave, it is not possible.  Your lack of caring for your customers does not say much for your company.

Journeyman

I have a similar issue as well. My Optimus G will not connect to the airave if there is any signal present from a tower transmitting 800 mhz. I can force the phone to connect, only by going down in my basement where no signal is received (no service) and switch in and out of airplane mode. This turns off the phones radio and when turned back on it only sees the airave and puts the phone on channel 350, allowing the connection. My phone is normally on 476 witch the Airave will not connect to. I don't enjoy going into my basement every time I come home to do this and Sprint needs to expedite this known issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat