cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 2.5 won't connect to HTC One?

Journeyman

Re: Airave 2.5 won't connect to HTC One?

I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE and I can't connect to my Airave...even with all of the lights being solid green.   I dial *99 and get the error that

the code isn't valid or something like that.

Journeyman

I have an HTC 4G LTE that will not connect to my Airwave 2.5 when it's on channel 476. I called Sprint and they didn't have a clue how to fix it. I was promised a call back from Airwave support, which never happened. I'm guessing this problem will happen to any brand phone that happens to be on channel 476, not just HTC. Wish there was a way for me to manually change the channel on the phone when this happens, and it happens a lot. I would think tey could figure out a software fix for the Airwave so it would transmit on channel 476. If anyone from Sprint would like work on this issue, let me know. I would be happy to help.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only way I have found to change the phones channel is to activate airplane mode and then deactivate it. This forces the phone to cycle through it's signal hunt. I have found the phone will only connect to the Airave when no 1x800 signal is detected, then it will hunt for another frequency and find the airave. That's why I must go into my basement where there is seldom a signal from the closest tower. It's a pain, and I hope they are actually working on a fix, as the signal from my closest tower is usually to week to use effectively.

Journeyman

Yeah I've tried this and I think I have a little too much signal from the tower for my phone to switch channels, but it's in and out from 5 bars to 0 and dropped calls. I really wish Sprint would address this Ch. 476 issue. I'm obviously not the only one having this issue...

Journeyman

Having the exact same problem - I'll be on a call with 5 bars from my HTC One, connected to Airrave 2.5, then bam - dropped call, zero bars. If I look at my phone, it fluctuates between zero and five bars constantly. Did not happen at all with my Galaxy S2 on the same Airrave, and my girlfriend has no issues on her iPhone 4S. I'm guessing by the history of this post that it was never worked out?

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer since 2000 and I don't think it has ever been worse.  I too have had this issue with channel 476 for many months and I have spoken to Sprint on several occasions.  The people on the end of the call are generally friendly but not always.  But ultimately resolving this issue has to be a management priority and apparently it is not.  Sprint does not seem to care whether your problem is resolved, just send in your payment.  From what I can gather from this forum this has been going on for ~6 months or more, yet no fix.  The 4G LTE is nothing short of a debacle as they have taken forever to roll it out.  In my area it was supposed to be out and implemented at the end of 2012 or Q1 2013, then summer and now the end of 2013 or just a little later, it's always just around the corner. Same thing with their "fixes".  I am only now seeing it from time to time in my area.  In the meantime 3G coverage has gone in the dumper, dropped calls while you are driving and God help you if you are out for a walk or a bike ride you can lose coverage for ten minutes or more.  It's a full time job just trying to keep what you were listening to streaming.  Right now we have one phone off contract and we have a moratorium on new Sprint phones.  We may just have to let the other contracts expire and then switch to another company that is serious about service and customer satisfaction.  Although a good argument could be made that they have failed to live up to their end of the contract and I should be able to bail early.

On a related matter, I don't know how long this has been going on, but now you can't get customer service 24 hrs/day.  Maybe it was always that way, but with all of the problems with channel 476, I have found myself wanting fix this at odd hours of the day (after 9PM).

Journeyman

*TEST* checking to see if this is pm.

Master

RichardC.,

Thank you for the test run. This is not a PM that was sent. You have to click on our profile name. Then the option will be on the bottom right corner under action. We look forward to working with you. Hang in there.

Social Care,
Lamar
Journeyman

Updated to m8 a week or so ago. Will not connect to airave.  I have tried everything, power cycle, forcing cdma mode, etc.  No beeps despite this. Need a fix/patch because my service sucks at home. Thanks.

Master

JUSTINDUN,

I can definitely assist you with this. Is that the only phone that will not connect to the AIRAVE device?

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I would like help with this also. I just purchased HTC M8 and my phone will not stay connected to the Airave. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Master

FTP420 - Have you done anything with the Airave? If not unplugging it waiting about a minute then plugging it back it and checking all the lights on the front.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat