cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave 2.5 won't connect to HTC One?

Patron

Airave 2.5 won't connect to HTC One?

My htc one work with airave fine when i'm home,then if I leave the area and come back my HTC One will refuse to connect to it.I talked to airave tech support and they said if when I go to my dial pad and enter ##debug# then go to 1x engineering that my ch# should be any number other than 476 which in my case at that time it was.Next she told me to keep updating the PRL until the CH# changed.I got it working eventually,and she said it was a known issue,and had no eta to give me when it was suppose to be fixed.Can anyone from sprint or airave tech support look in to this known issue,and tell me how to correct the issue?

39 REPLIES 39
Patron

Re: Airave 2.5 won't connect to HTC One?

anyone?

Journeyman

Racingrocks,

Thanks for reaching out I apologize about the delay! When your in Airave coverage please try to dial *99 from your device. A confirmation message should come up and connect to the Airave. Let me know if that helps.

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have the exact same problem with my HTC one when I upgraded to the airvana 2.5.  I called customer support and they changed a network code.  Later that night, the same problem occurred.  I checked the channel and sure enough, it was 476. I had to reboot the phone in order for it to change the channel and actually work again.  I never had this problem with the 2.0 version.  What gives?  Also, *99 does nothing when your phone isn't communicating with the airave.

Patron

this problem is annoying because I cant use my phone when this happens...

Journeyman

Is there anyone from Sprint who is going to address this problem?  The airave works with my wife's iPhone just fine, just has problems with the HTC one.  Please help. 

Journeyman

Almacinnis2,

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize about the delay, are you still experiencing this issue? Are all the lights on the Airave green? Do you hear any message on HTC when trying to make a call? Let me know.

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

We are dealing with the same issue which was never an issue with the outdated 1.0 that was upgraded to a 2.5, not by our choice.

I was informed by Airave "advanced tech support" yesterday that this is a "known issue"...... and that they are working at finding a reason and a fix for this with no approximate fix date and there is nothing they can do till they are able to create a patch.

I agree this is not the answer we want to hear but hopefully if they get enough calls in asking to speak to supervisors etc....they will get busy with a fix.  To me it seems as easy as programing the airave to accept channel 476 or tell the PRL updates NOT to go to channel 476....but then I am not a tech. LOL

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

I actually had a ticket and was supposed to get a call back, but never did.  I ended up calling back and speaking with a supervisor.  I spoke with airave support today and it is a known issue with the device and channel 476.  I was told a patch is in the works but no known release date.  Yes, all the lights on the airave are green and it works with other devices, just not my HTC one on channel 476.  It does not communicate with the airave at all when it is on channel 476, but channel 675 works just fine. 

Patron

Does anyone have a effective workaround until the "patch" is released? I try updating the prl whilst the One is sitting on top of the airvana,but that way only works 40% of the time

Patron

anyone?

Journeyman

I have three new Galaxy S4's - when in channel 476 (almost always), no connection to the Airave (v2).  When I do connect to the Airave (almost never), phones are on channel 125.

Please - fix this !!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat