cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave/Airvana works great, but GPS light is blinking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi. I just bought the new iPhone 4s and switched to Sprint from AT&T. When I got home, I had no cell signal in my apartment, so I called Sprint and they sent me the Airave 2.0/Airvana.

The funny thing is, it works great...I get a full 5 bars in my apartment now, but the GPS light keeps flashing green. I'm using the GPS antenna that came with it and it's right next to my window. The people from Sprint say if my GPS light is flashing green, nothing should work correctly, but it does. Anyway, does anyone know why the GPS light is flashing? Is there something I can do to make it solid?

Any info would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

I've had success with customers by asking them to untangle the wrapped up GPS antenna.  For some reason it's able to get a lock better once it is unwound.  Maybe if it still keeps blinking, you could just unplugg the electric cable for a few seconds and let it boot up...that might help the GPS to try again to get a lock. 

-John

Journeyman

Hey robot. I'm pretty sure my GPS antenna is untangled, but I'll try unplugging it. Thanks!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat