Did you mean: 

Airave - DISCONNECT ME!!

Highlighted
Patron

Airave - DISCONNECT ME!!

Hi All,

I'll get straight to it.

HTC Evo 4G

I spend about 55 hours a week at my office building. (About half my time is spent at work) I noticed I was being connected to an Airave device about 4 to 5 months ago. I've never heard of it before this incident.

The Airave device that is near me is junk. The signal is shot, my calls sound like garbage. I have horrible signal, bad calls, clicking during calls, cutting out, etc.

I want to disconnect from this device, but after all my research I'm finding out this isn't possible. I believe I may have to contact whomever owns the device and have them block my number. I'm beyond frustrated with hearing that because this is not my problem. I pay for Sprint service, I should be able to connect to a real tower, not a booster. My signal outside of this device is fantastic!

Here's my questions, why on earth does this device exist if you have no choice to connect/disconnect from it? What is Sprint going to do about this? What can I do about this? Is this a big enough deal to cancel my Sprint contract? If it gets bad enough, I may have to cancel my contract because I'm not receiving the service I pay for more than 50% of the time.

I'm really upset about this and I've already created a Network ticket with Sprint. However, I doubt it will help.

I don't even know the first step to finding it. If the signal is junk anyway, I wouldn't have a lot of luck going around looking for it.

--Oaken

Tags (3)
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat