cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave GPS Connection Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I have had the Samsung Airave for a few years now and it has worked well for me until last week.  My wireless router went down, so I purchased a new router and installed it in my house.  I did not change the position of the cable modem, wireless router, or the Airave.  The new router is working fine in the house, and the Airave is picking up the WAN connection (Blue Light).  The problem is that the unit is not picking up the GPS signal (RED light).  I do have GPS antenna installed on the device and the antenna in the same position that I had it previously located. 

I have unplugged the power from the Airave, overnight, and then powered the unit back up and waited for more than 24 hours to see if the GPS would reset and this did not work.  I have also powered cycled after removing the GPS antenna extension, and then re-installed the antenna.  This did not work either!

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Bob

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Sound like you have done all the right things. Do you have the antenna cable or just the little stubby one. If you have a cable move it to another location in the same room - unplug - power down - plug in - power up - You can always move antenna back but lets try to make it think. How long was it out of service when you were getting the new router?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still continuing to have the issue, I have moved the entire Airave unit to the window and removed the GPS antenna extension.  Still waiting for the GPS signal to register.

How do I know if it is a unit issue or something else?  The unit was only down a few days when I replaced my router, and now it is not working period.

Thanks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat