cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave Hook Up

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave Hook Up

I have found after having the Airave hooked up as per the specific instructions to work beautifully, nice clear voice on the iPhones throughout the house.  Whereas before, we could not make a complete call without it dropping.  That said, I then found that I could not view any Youtube videos on either my iPhones, iPad or Toshiba PC wirelessly anymore.  So, I began the hunt for a solution, and came across one that said to take the Yellow cable from the Cable Modem and run it to the (my) router first then go back to the Airave with another cable, and boot up the systems again.  I did this, and guess what it works, so far.  Keep in mind, I was blaming Apple's latest iOS update for this, along with slow internet service as another possible cause.  But it seems that this simple switching of cables is the answer.  I sincerely hope anyone who is having the same issues, and banging their head against the wall sees this, and I profundly thank the person whose post I saw how to rectify the issue.  If this fix does not continue working, I will let you know, if it keeps working, I will let you know that too.

Best regards, valvestem

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Airave Hook Up

valvestem125-

Thanks so much for providing us with your feedback! I actually experienced the same problem and used the fix that you described. This has been the only way that I've been able to correct the Youtube issue. Again, we appreciate your feedback and glad to hear that you're up and running!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The only "issue" I can see now is that there is a very slight echo of my own voice when using the cell phone.  But Youtube works fine, and I can download again.  At one point, I could not download an updated Google Chrome browser, it would just sit and spin so to speak.  So actually out of desperation I re-did the hook up that I had read about, changing the cables around.  The echo is minor and not an issue as far as I am concerned, keeping in mind the cell phone calls are nice without dropping.  And my wife is happy, and we all know what that means, happy wife, happy life.

Journeyman

April 9th, 2013 and still working fine.

Journeyman

April 15th still working fine.  No more weekly reports now.  I will report back if I have an issue in the future.

Journeyman

I tried this and it was worse than when I didn't have the airave. The signal broke up and has so much jitter I could not not understand anyone. So I was told that all devices must connect into the airave for it to throttle the internet when there is a call in or out. So I have to choose if I want the clear phone calls or youtube.

Is there a solution that will allow the airave to work, internet to work and youtube?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat