cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave Location

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave Location

I recently got an airave and it works great. It has reolved reception problems at the house. I am however having a problem with location based applications on my pre when connected to the airave, The phone indicates i'm 100 miles from where I actually at. Can this be fixed?

Roy

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Airave Location

Nope - sorry. I have the same problem.  You can go outside and try to get a GPS fix instead of using tower based data.  The 'tower' is acutally the IP Geolocation data for your ISP; mine just doesn't even work.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

My situation is similar but worse in a way.

When my airwave arrived, and I set it up (and took several days to get the GPS to work) it had my location exaclty. My Googl Maps Lattitude reported my position correclty.. Then about two weeks later it reports me 100 miles away to the East. Maybe this is some crazy ISP location or something similarly stupid. How can it have it right and then get it wrong, and continuously thereafter get it wrong? It seems like they must have put in my address when they shipped it to me, but then, eventually it got "smart" and forgot the truth. Sprint needs to do something about this.

Tom   

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  The Sprint Rep I spoke with told me to disconnent my Airave anytime I wanted to use GPS apps and then turn it back on for voice calls.   Not a solution since it takes so long to power back up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat