cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave Technical Support

57 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Airave Technical Support

<blockquote><hr>kvez wrote:<br><p>Thanks...</p><p>We have to stay with a cell or blackberry-linked number because she travels all the time and only wants to have one device with phone, email, etc. She only has this problem when she is in the house, and forwarding the number to skype each time she gets home (and likely forgetting to unforward it) would not be practical.</p><p>Don't think it's a GPS thing; likely something simpler.</p><hr></blockquote><p>I was not suggesting that she change to Skype at all, that would not work for her. Not too mention that Sprint and Skype charge extra for call forwarding.</p><p></p><p>Good luck on getting it resolved, just remember if the GPS LED goes out (goes red) then it is likely not the Time Warner cable issue. Now what would be nice if Sprint did was to create a test website (maybe even a pre-qualifier to test your connection speed/quality) that uses the same TCP/UDP port numbers and the exact same server. What this would allow the user to do is to check the status of their direct internet connection to the Sprint server. This way if it was just a GPS and/or Airave (malfunctioning unit) issue then you could find out that the internet connection was not an issue.</p><p></p><p>My thought is the GPS signals also don't like buildings and even though you have the GPS antenna by a window that is meaningless as GPS needs 4 signals (min) coming in from different sateillites to make the device work.</p>

Journeyman

You`re welcome, just don`t be too suprised if this turns out to be what`s happening here, i wouldn`t put it past Time Werner to try a stunt like this...the other ones are, from what i`ve read elsewhere on the `net. Good luck. N9NRA

Journeyman

Thanks...I appreciate your thought...let's hope that's not it, because that's essentially unsolvable with Time Warner!

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>kvez wrote:<br><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Hi Jordan:</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">I hope either you (or another expert) is still monitoring the boardI am trying to get help for my daughter, and logistically, this has been a nightmare.</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">We are actually multiple Airave users, and are quite familiar with how the product is supposed to work.<span> </span>I was part of the test program in CO, and have a unit installed in our second home in the Colorado mountains, where the signal inside our home used to be 0-1 bars, with dropped calls 80% of the time.<span> </span>The set up was effortless, and performance has been flawless since we installed it 8 months ago. 5 bar service, no dropped calls among our Sprint phones.</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Based on the performance of that unit, I purchased a second unit for my daughters phone (which is also on our account) in Brooklyn, NY.<span> </span>The area where she lives has very spotty service, and she needs to communicate on her Blackberry as she works from home.<span> </span>There is no wireline service in the building (which we were trying to avoid).</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Set-up has been difficult.<span> </span>Despite an intensive one week effort of moving the unit around and repositioning the GPS antenna to a nearby window, all we got were two blue lights.<span> </span>Its almost impossible to call the dedicated support number because without a functioning Airave, every call is dropped within 90 seconds, so its almost impossible to reach a level II rep.<span> </span>So she just left it plugged in, and figured she would eventually get it</font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Three weeks to the day later , all of a sudden, she got four lights, and the unit (and her phone) were working perfectly!<span> </span>Then, five weeks laterall of a sudden, shes back to 3 blue lights (the system light is either steady or blinking red).<span> </span>Thinking it was temporary, she waited 2 weeks (until today) and stillnothing.<span> </span>Once again calling Sprint is now virtually impossible.<span> </span></font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">The wireless provider is Time Warner, and she is using one of their wireless routers (yes, I know, there have been some people who blame everything on TWs refusal to open up a port on their serverbut I think that is a non-issue, since the unit did work fine for over a month).<span> </span>Nothing has been moved.<span> </span>Ive told her to unplug the power for about ten minutes once or twice and then plug it back in again, but that doesnt seem to do anything.<span> </span></font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Can you (or any other board members) help?<span> </span>Without this thing working, she has to leave her house to talk to anyonedifficult to work from home that way!</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Mark B</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><hr></blockquote><p>Hey there, i read your post and got to thinking on something here, yes i know this is just a guess. Ya know about cable co`s trying to limit of "throttle" bandwith of users they deem to be using too much bandwith right? I was thinking mabey the problem is because the cable boys (in this case Time Werner Cable) are thinkin` you`re using too much bandwith, and have decided to limit or outright block the Airave from accesing thier system. While this usually applies to those who use peer-to-peer software, it could (in theory) be used to throw a wrench into your use of the Airave too. Just some food for thought. N9NRA</p>

Journeyman

Thanks...

We have to stay with a cell or blackberry-linked number because she travels all the time and only wants to have one device with phone, email, etc. She only has this problem when she is in the house, and forwarding the number to skype each time she gets home (and likely forgetting to unforward it) would not be practical.

Don't think it's a GPS thing; likely something simpler.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>kvez wrote:<br><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Hi Jordan:</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">I hope either you (or another expert) is still monitoring the boardI am trying to get help for my daughter, and logistically, this has been a nightmare.</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">We are actually multiple Airave users, and are quite familiar with how the product is supposed to work.<span> </span>I was part of the test program in CO, and have a unit installed in our second home in the Colorado mountains, where the signal inside our home used to be 0-1 bars, with dropped calls 80% of the time.<span> </span>The set up was effortless, and performance has been flawless since we installed it 8 months ago. 5 bar service, no dropped calls among our Sprint phones.</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Based on the performance of that unit, I purchased a second unit for my daughters phone (which is also on our account) in Brooklyn, NY.<span> </span>The area where she lives has very spotty service, and she needs to communicate on her Blackberry as she works from home.<span> </span>There is no wireline service in the building (which we were trying to avoid).</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Set-up has been difficult.<span> </span>Despite an intensive one week effort of moving the unit around and repositioning the GPS antenna to a nearby window, all we got were two blue lights.<span> </span>Its almost impossible to call the dedicated support number because without a functioning Airave, every call is dropped within 90 seconds, so its almost impossible to reach a level II rep.<span> </span>So she just left it plugged in, and figured she would eventually get it</font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Three weeks to the day later , all of a sudden, she got four lights, and the unit (and her phone) were working perfectly!<span> </span>Then, five weeks laterall of a sudden, shes back to 3 blue lights (the system light is either steady or blinking red).<span> </span>Thinking it was temporary, she waited 2 weeks (until today) and stillnothing.<span> </span>Once again calling Sprint is now virtually impossible.<span> </span></font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">The wireless provider is Time Warner, and she is using one of their wireless routers (yes, I know, there have been some people who blame everything on TWs refusal to open up a port on their serverbut I think that is a non-issue, since the unit did work fine for over a month).<span> </span>Nothing has been moved.<span> </span>Ive told her to unplug the power for about ten minutes once or twice and then plug it back in again, but that doesnt seem to do anything.<span> </span></font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Can you (or any other board members) help?<span> </span>Without this thing working, she has to leave her house to talk to anyonedifficult to work from home that way!</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Mark B</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><hr></blockquote><p>Not that I have the Airave, nor do I plan on getting one either. Skype is cheaper/better for me anyway. As an electronic engineering person I thought about an add to this post ... why not have the Airave aquire the GPS location once per power cycle? Store this in the Airave voliate memory (lost when power goes out/removed). So the GPS signal allows sych of exact location of the Airave only once, unless it is unplugged/moved. Unless the Airave actually needs the GPS timing system to sych more than just it's location, but timing with the GPS master recievers on the network.</p><p></p><div class="message-edit-history"><span class="edit-author">Message Edited by miketech_79 on </span><span class="local-date">10-12-2008</span><span class="local-time"> 03:37 PM</span></div>

Journeyman

<p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Hi Jordan:</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">I hope either you (or another expert) is still monitoring the boardI am trying to get help for my daughter, and logistically, this has been a nightmare.</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">We are actually multiple Airave users, and are quite familiar with how the product is supposed to work.<span> </span>I was part of the test program in CO, and have a unit installed in our second home in the Colorado mountains, where the signal inside our home used to be 0-1 bars, with dropped calls 80% of the time.<span> </span>The set up was effortless, and performance has been flawless since we installed it 8 months ago. 5 bar service, no dropped calls among our Sprint phones.</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Based on the performance of that unit, I purchased a second unit for my daughters phone (which is also on our account) in Brooklyn, NY.<span> </span>The area where she lives has very spotty service, and she needs to communicate on her Blackberry as she works from home.<span> </span>There is no wireline service in the building (which we were trying to avoid).</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Set-up has been difficult.<span> </span>Despite an intensive one week effort of moving the unit around and repositioning the GPS antenna to a nearby window, all we got were two blue lights.<span> </span>Its almost impossible to call the dedicated support number because without a functioning Airave, every call is dropped within 90 seconds, so its almost impossible to reach a level II rep.<span> </span>So she just left it plugged in, and figured she would eventually get it</font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">Three weeks to the day later , all of a sudden, she got four lights, and the unit (and her phone) were working perfectly!<span> </span>Then, five weeks laterall of a sudden, shes back to 3 blue lights (the system light is either steady or blinking red).<span> </span>Thinking it was temporary, she waited 2 weeks (until today) and stillnothing.<span> </span>Once again calling Sprint is now virtually impossible.<span> </span></font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">The wireless provider is Time Warner, and she is using one of their wireless routers (yes, I know, there have been some people who blame everything on TWs refusal to open up a port on their serverbut I think that is a non-issue, since the unit did work fine for over a month).<span> </span>Nothing has been moved.<span> </span>Ive told her to unplug the power for about ten minutes once or twice and then plug it back in again, but that doesnt seem to do anything.<span> </span></font></font></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Can you (or any other board members) help?<span> </span>Without this thing working, she has to leave her house to talk to anyonedifficult to work from home that way!</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">Mark B</font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"></font>

Journeyman

Jordan,

Did the patch or whatever go through? I got an Airave last week around 9/19/08 and our Treo 700p's are having problems connecting to it. We can be standing right next to the device (with 4 blue lights) and *99 will only get us the recording "the feature code you entered is not in service, please try again" with no special Airave tone. I have tried shutting off the phone and also soft resetting the device, which seems to work and then the 700p can use the Airave. But that is a real pain

Are you still posting to this board? Thanks

Journeyman

True

Journeyman

On another forum, they are saying that the airave has been postponed until mid Aug.. Is this true?

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140231&page=60

My reception is very bad at my house and I do no think I can wait until then for this device.. Is there any way to get an Airave any sooner?