cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave - Unable to make changes to firewall rules

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave - Unable to make changes to firewall rules

Anyone else having a problem with their Airave (firmware version 5.0.01.044) where changes to the firewall rules aren't taking effect?

Some background.  I have my airave connected in the following order:  Cable modem -> Airave -> Router -> Internal network.  All Internet browsing is working fine, but I noticed that some inbound ports that were opened through my router into my internal network were no longer working.  Upon digging into the airave console, I see that there are some default firewall rules of Deny TCP/UDP ports 1-65k, essentially everything inbound.  I tried to disable the inbound rules, delete the rules, and even adding in new rules to allow inbound traffic, bute very time I make a change to the rules and click apply, my changes are reverted and I'm back to the defaults.  I can't seem to make any changes to the firewall tab (Content Filtering -> Firewall Rules).  I tried this with both Firefox and IE with no luck.

I just want to make the airave as transparent as possible.  I don't want it to do any traffic filtering, firewalling, QOS (already upped the upload QOS speed from the default of .78Mb), etc.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Airave - Unable to make changes to firewall rules

I have noticed this as well this evening. I am attempting to resolve issues with viewing YouTube and XBOX 360 connectivity issues going through my Airave 2.5 firmware 5.0.01.0311.  Unable to make any changes to the firewall rules.  I was successful in increasing my QoS to 5000.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  I can't edit, create, modify, delete... it won't let me do anything regarding firewall modifications.  I'm just trying to open up some incoming ports! Firmware 5.0.01.031

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup. Same exact thing here. For some reason, everything in Firewall is unaccepting of any changes. It seems the same for Schedule too, because even if I try to change the Timezone, it refuses to let me say I'm anywhere but Casablanca. >,<;

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this a feature that broke recently?  I just got my airave a couple weeks ago and haven't updated firmware.

Journeyman

I am having a similar issue and I am NONE too pleased with this development, as the Airave won't work on the inside, and on the outside it won't forward anything to my internal servers.  I am screaming at the top of my voice, 'YOU NEED TO F*KING FIX THIS!".

This is NOT acceptable, not in the least.  Sprint had better have a solution when I call them in the morning.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat