cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave and Evo call waiting issues...please help!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave and Evo call waiting issues...please help!

I have an Evo and the Airave because I have no service at home.  My question is...does anyone else have a problem with call waiting while connected to the Airave?  When I'm out and not connected to the Airave my call waiting functions normally, but when I am at home and connected to the Airave my call waiting doesn't beep to let me know I have an incoming call...in other words when I'm on a call via the Airave my Evo does not beep to let me know I have another call coming in so I have no idea until I hang up and see missed calls or voicemails.  It's really annoying and the Sprint techs know nothing...I wish I got paid to know nothing about my job!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Just wanting to let everyone know that Sprint is aware of this issue and is working with the device manufacturers to resolve it.  Sorry, but I don't have a date when the fix will be available. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue, the calls will show up as missed on my EVO - but no call waiting beep. I didn't notice this issue on my older Samsung Airave.

Highlighted

I have had the same issue for months now, The only fix that Sprint recomends is to hard reset the phone. I never did because this seems to be a Airave issue not a phone issue. Like the previous post said call waiting works when not connected to Airave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is happenning with both my EVO and my wife's Hero. Frustrating and annoying. I've missed a couple of urgent phone calls because of that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing happens on my EVO and my girlfriends Epic. I am wondering if this is Android related, since that is what everyone has here that is commenting. I don't have access to a non Android Spring phone to test this out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah...I don't know, but it's getting very annoying! I have missed so many calls due to this issue and some very important.  Sprint is no help whatsoever!  I guess all I can do is keep calling and bitching until they do something about it...until then I guess we'll just have to live with it...ugh! 😞

Highlighted
Wizard

Just wanting to let everyone know that Sprint is aware of this issue and is working with the device manufacturers to resolve it.  Sorry, but I don't have a date when the fix will be available. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Glad to hear a fix is being worked on. You may want to shoot the airave dept an email so they stop telling customers to hard reset their phones. LOL!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have talked to people who are having the same issue with non android based phones.  fyi

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Treo Pro, and my wife has a Treo Pre, and both phones have the call waiting issue when we are at home.

I have done a hard reset - a waste of time - it's not the phone.

we had  company for Easter, and their phones also had no call waiting.

It is not satisfying that I read in other posts that Sprint is aware of the problem and are working on it.

If they were it would not take a month to fix it.

if they are aware of the problem, their notes are in the backlog basket.

I can't afford to miss important calls.

If Sprint cares, Please Respond!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The issue is phone specific. To correct the problem, handset manufacturers need to provide Sprint with a software upgrade for the phones. The Epic is targeted to be fixed in May, with HTC EVO and beyond handsets to be corrected with the Gingerbread software release. Handset manufacturers may choose to not upgrade the software to resolve the problem on older phones, unfortunately.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me see if I got airavegirl's post right: so you are saying that the issue is specific to all phones in the planet then... because I've tested 7 different ones and all of them experience the same issue. Blackberry, Android, Motorola, you name it. All of them eperience the same issue.

Solve the freakin' problem. And the GPS lock problem as well. My building is not moving so locking the GPS should not be an issue either.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat