cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave and Evo call waiting issues...please help!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave and Evo call waiting issues...please help!

I have an Evo and the Airave because I have no service at home.  My question is...does anyone else have a problem with call waiting while connected to the Airave?  When I'm out and not connected to the Airave my call waiting functions normally, but when I am at home and connected to the Airave my call waiting doesn't beep to let me know I have an incoming call...in other words when I'm on a call via the Airave my Evo does not beep to let me know I have another call coming in so I have no idea until I hang up and see missed calls or voicemails.  It's really annoying and the Sprint techs know nothing...I wish I got paid to know nothing about my job!!!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi locobedoya -

While I completely understand your frustration and disappointment with the answer, please remember that airavegirl is just the messenger. She is a volunteer on this forum who is dedicated to sharing her knowledge of the Airave products with our customers. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not just frustration and dissapointment with the answer but with the service... the amount of important and urgent phone calls I've mised because of this is nothing short of outrageous.

But blaming a design flaw on the rest of the world is like when Steve Jobs said "You're holding it wrong!". Maybe gingerbread will bring a workaround to this flaw, but the reality is that every other platform is also experiencing this bug inherent to the Airave.

And now that she mentioned a gingerbread update for the EVO... when is it gonna happen? How about my wife's Hero? Is she doomed to keep missing phone calls when her dad goes to the hospital while she is talking with someone else? Don't tell me that spending $200 extra will eventually solve it because that's about how much it would cost to switch to Verizon and get an instant solution.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am right there with you locobedoya.  I have missed countless calls due to this problem.  I have also been tracking this since November 2010, which is right around the time when I started with Sprint.  Six months of engineers "working" on the problem is unacceptable...  especially with the amount of money we spend with this company each month.  Sprint reps have spent hours on the phone with me running tests on my connection (which is fine), sent me a brand new airrave, suggested I reset my phone to factory settings, etc.  The funny thing is that every representative I talk to says that it is the first time they have heard of this problem, which is pretty interesting to me.  They are concerned about at&t purchasing t-mobile, but they should be more concerned about keeping the customers they currently have.  I have been patient long enough on this matter, as has everyone else.  I dont care if Sprint lights a fire under Airrave or goes after another company like Airrave to get the job done; I just want my service to work like I pay for.  We shouldnt have to upgrade our phones to get the quality of service we are already paying for on a monthly basis.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat