Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave and Proxy Server

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave and Proxy Server

Hello!  We just received our Airave and are having troubles installing it at our office.  Our LAN is through a proxy server.  I have plugged it in and have the GPS in direct view of the outside (near a window) but I can't get a connection.  The Sys and GPS lights are solid red.  How do I tell the Airave it has to configure through a proxy server?

Kind Regards,

Jamie

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Airave and Proxy Server

james.gauthier@ge.com wrote:

Hello!  We just received our Airave and are having troubles installing it at our office.  Our LAN is through a proxy server.  I have plugged it in and have the GPS in direct view of the outside (near a window) but I can't get a connection.  The Sys and GPS lights are solid red.  How do I tell the Airave it has to configure through a proxy server?

Kind Regards,

Jamie

Don't forget about the WAN LED, but if the GPS is red, you still need to get a GPS signal for it to work regardless of your internet settings.

Page 22 and 23 of the manual refer to the system LED as a global LED, which might mean if the GPS is not working it will cause the system LED to also be red.

Can your office support a VPN connection to the internet through the proxy server. There is no way to configure the Airave. You have to allow the VPN connection between the airave and the internet.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat