cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave doesn't connect to my phone

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Airave doesn't connect to my phone

I'm also having the same problem.  Call Customer Services and you get "We do not see any dropped calls"....

Journeyman

Thanks for the info, hopefully between these couple of threads we might make some progress on the issue.  I have the same thing happen with my phone and co-workers phones, but not consistently and not all of the time.  Phone shows 5-6 bars and data works through the Airvana, but as soon as I make a call the bars drop to 0 and the call fails because the call is trying to use the macro network instead of the Airvana. 

Journeyman

Nope.

but I guess its been a little better, after I got home for a while it will connect to Airave. but it still refuse to connect in the first 30 minutes or so.

and I guess the signal in my apt is not bad, but it is unstable. Airave is not the first priority on the connection methods, which is very absurd and disappointed. Who will care about data going thru cable...

Journeyman

Did this issue ever get resolved?  I'm having the same symptoms in the following thread.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/409336

Wizard

What had you tried? I was asking about the layout so we could maybe uncover an environment related problem. If you send me your MAC address in a Private Message, the way you have it setup, Having it close to the router can potentially affect it, what else it near it? I'd gladly look into this for you.

Journeyman

The Airewave is right in front of me about 6 feets away, sitting beside my window. I'm watching it all the time, and it just doesn't connect to my phone while I'm having the dropped calls... Probably because it is very closed to the wireless router? does that matter? Thank you!

Journeyman

Thanks, but I've tried that. It seems strange to me that before I make any phone calls the signal is always 4-5 bars, and as soon as I dial someone, the signal will suddenly drop to 0-2 bars and then I'll disconnect...

Wizard

Depending upon the size of your home, interfering devices, Etc. other considerations should be made. How large is your home, what's the layout? Do you have the airave in close proximity to other electronics, or enclosed in any type of cabinet?

Journeyman

You may need to go into "Settings" -> "System Updates" -> and click on "Update PRL".

Your PRL is the "Preferred Roaming List" and it could be out of date.

I have an EVO 3D and the 2nd Generation AiRave.  I completly LOVE it!!!  I no longer have to worry about standing by a window to make or receive calls and setting it on the window ledge to get text messages!!! 

Journeyman

Hi,

My Airave is correctly set up. But I still have tons of dropped calls! I figured it's because my phone doesn't connect to the Airave for most of the time.

Is there any way I can make sure my phone/Airave to always connect to each other ? ... I have a HTC EVO 3D.

Thanks!!!

Tags (3)