cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave doesnt work when using the internet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave doesnt work when using the internet

When I am streaming a video on the internet, I have missed calls, and when people try to call me, they hear a busy signal. Also, when I am on the internet and I try to make a call out, it will not connect unless, I stop streaming something. Is there some basic troubleshooting that I can do, or has anyone else seen this issue?

Message was edited by: vthrilla13

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Airave doesnt work when using the internet

The Airave isn't being used for data streaming - you are using the Sprint EVDO network.  Airave only provides 1xRTT voice connections.

Different handsets handle data priority differently - some put data calls higher priority than voice, others are the opposite.

What handset are you using?

Thank you,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me clarify a little better. When I am streaming a video on my laptop or desktop, is when the airave is not working properly. That is when I will not receive calls, can not make calls, and people hear a busy signal when trying to call me, and if im on the phone, and I hop on the internet on my personal computer, the call breaks up really bad (sorry for the run on). So it is not when im using data on the phone.

I have the Palm Pre.

Highlighted
Master

Sounds to me like your router is giving your laptop priority on your network over the Airave connection. The best way to fix this is to setup QoS (Quality of Service) in your router's settings. This is entirely different for every router depending on manufacturer, model, firmware, etc. I also don't know what the settings, ports, etc. are for the Airave. My recommendation is to call *2 and make sure you choose the option for Airave when listening for the options for tech support.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat