ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave - horrible call quality

Journeyman

Airave - horrible call quality

I recently got an Airave to remedy call drop issues within my apartment. I successfully set up the Airave, but when I make calls I can barely understand the person on the other end of the line. For lack of a proper descriptor, the call sounds extremely choppy, with the sound cutting in an out constantly. The people on the other end say they can hear me fine, but I ended up having to unplug the Airave and switching to my (terrible) cell signal bc I couldn't understand a single thing. I have a cable modem, Time Warner Cable, and have had no internet signal issues since receiving the Airave.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Airave - horrible call quality

Slope72,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see the issues the Airave is giving you. Have you disconnected the Airave fully and tried to set it up again from scratch? Have you powercycled the device at all? Can you please also let me know your zip code and cross streets? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problems after installing (it eventually happens again after the reinstall). What is powercycling?

Journeyman

Airrave is not what Sprint told me it would be.  Yes, it does allow me to go on a sprint network.  I live outside a sprint area and use Verizon towers.  I got the AirRave because sometimes my phone wont receive incoming calls and will put my callers directly to my voicemail.  Since installing the AirRave this doesnt happen, however my calls in or out are all broken and choppy.  This device isnt worth using at all.  I would recommend against it and suggest that Sprint either find a suitable replacement or do away with the concept all together.

Journeyman

I am having the same exact issue. I've read in another thread that part of the problem is that your internet speed slows down. Because I'm on a Voice over IP (VOIP) network, the call quality is compromised. Is the solution canceling DIRECTV and ATT, so my cell can work, or do I switch to a different cellular company?

Journeyman

I have had the same problem over and over. Sprint has sent me 3 different Airave's and the same things happen.... POOR and Broken up voice service.. It is not my internet like they keep on trying to tell me and they will not let me out of my contract unless I pay them more money as it is i am apying for a service that is so bad I was told I had to deal with it untill my contract was up

Journeyman

I have this issue too and Bright house is NO help AT ALL.

CTODRICH,

Thanks for your post. Powercycling would be unplugging the device for a period of 2 minutes and then ppowering it back up. How long have you had issues with the device?

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Gary40229,

Thanks for your reply. The Airave is meant for use with Sprint towers. If you are roaming on towers that are not on our network the Airave isn't going to operate properly. Can you please let me know your zip code and cross streets so I can take a look at the area? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

MTC21,

Thank you for your post. The Airave is not compatible with DirecTV or other satellite providers. When the Airave was sent out to you, did you have an alternate high speed internet provider? Can I please have your zip code and cross streets to take a look at the towers in the area? Thank you!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

JULIE3513,

Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry to se how many Airaves have gone out to you without resolution. Did any of the Airaves prvide adequate service when they were first installed? Can you please let me know your internet provider? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

HENDRICKX42,

Thanks for your post. When you've contacted Brighthouse, what have they stated in regards to this? Has it always been like this when using the Airave? How long has it been happening? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat