cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave incoming calls not ringing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure how long this has been happening but today I got two voicemail alerts while at home and my phone connected to the Airave.  The phone never rang.  So I decided to test my phone by calling from a landline.  Sure enough about 50% of the time the call goes directly to voicemail.  Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it?  How annoying!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

If you dial *99 talk/send on your mobile phone does it say "You are now in Airave coverage"?

Are the lights on the Airave all green? - (if you have the Airvana)

If you make an outbound call do you hear the 3 beeps?

How to boost your Airave signal for better in home coverage

Also make sure to follow instructions in the link above to extend your in home coverage.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my Airave for 3 years so yes I am connected, yes I do hear the beeps when making outgoing calls and no I don't have the Airvana.  I have the original Airave and a new Motorola Photon.  The signal works great so I don't need to boost (but I'm guessing that I can't on this old model?)..  It's more like a handset incompatibility issue between the Airave and Android phones.  The old dumbphone on my account works fine and never misses any calls.  It's just the android phones that don't seem to wake up to accept an incoming call when connected to the Airave.  I have noticed the problem on other andorid phones as well when friends come to visit. This is one of those situations where only Sprint can fix it on their end and I really wish they would because this is so annoying.  I'm wondering if the Airvana might have better firmware to work better on today's handsets?  When I got this Airave there were no android phones so maybe Sprint never really made them compatible?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat