cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave receive-send text / receive call issues.

Journeyman

Airave receive-send text / receive call issues.

I have been using the airave for about a month now without any type of issues. Recently, about a week ago, all hell broke loose.

My friends would tell me that I send them 5 to 6 duplicate copies of the same text. I didn't believe them until I had some to verify by coming over and looking at their phone as it happened. Also tried to test out receiving texts on my end; either I would receive them several hours later or I wouldn't receive them at all.

I don't receive calls at home on airave either. People tell me my phone goes straight to voicemail when they try to call when i'm connected on the airave.

I've contacted technical support, been through the resets, power on and power offs, the ##update# on my cell, the *99, and it hasn't changed anything. They have done "the reset on their end" too.

Reading the forums I've learned that a lot of users have this same issue. Is there a fix for this?

16 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Airave receive-send text / receive call issues.

Hello Conrad336, Im sorry that you’ve had trouble, I understand how frustrating it can bee when things are working as expected. Which Airave model do you have? This problem with the Airave 2.0 is being researched, and software updates for the Airave are being tested. At this time resetting the Airave & phone will end duplicates if they are still being sent, and typically this will happen when an SMS is sent from the phone and the phone does not receive acknowledgement that the message was successfully sent for one or more reasons.

As for not receiving calls while at home is there a specific time of day that this is happening? When you had reset the airave in the past did you hold the reset button on back for 15+ seconds or another method? In past reports of this problem was it ever suggested that you run a VOIP line quality test to determine of the problems that you’ve seen are related to your internet connection?

Journeyman

I have the Airwave 2.5. I have done the unplug reset as well as the power button reset in the back. Each tech that I talked to never mentioned to run the VOIP quality test, but I don't think its an issue with my internet service.

Typically I dont receive calls throughout the whole day. It happened this morning for sure.

Wizard

Are you referring to the small pinhole near the GPS antenna port as the power button reset? It's pretty standard for us to ask one to run a VOIP test when reporting any performance related problem with the airave because some symptoms may be misleading. Often if your calls are going to voicemail without paging your phone it could mean that the switch was too busy to relay the call, the switch tried paging the phone on the wrong site, or phone was not ready to receive calls. for line quality we expect that Jitter is less than 5ms, packet loss is below 1%, Quality of service is above 80%, download is over 1Mbps, and upload is above 350 Kbps.

Journeyman

If I go into the airave and increase the qos upload speeds, will that make things any better?

Wizard

Hello Conrad336, It depends, first off do you have the WAN port of the airave connected directly to a modem, or is it connected to a port on a router?

Journeyman

I have the WAN port from the modem connected directly to the Airwave. I have a router connected as well from the airwave.

Highlighted
Wizard

In that case what do you see for download, upload, QoS, Packet loss, and Jitter when you run a VOIP test while cabled directly to the Airave's LAN2 port, while you are having trouble receiving calls? do you use Cable, or DSL service?

Journeyman

I just did a VOIP test and everything came back within the requirements you posted.

The qos was at a default of 768kb on the airave settings.

Wizard

Hello Conrad336, are you currently having trouble receiving calls?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.