Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave stopped transmitting/receiving voice on all incoming calls

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Airave stopped transmitting/receiving voice on all incoming calls

A couple of days ago, my Airave stopped transmitting and receiving voice on incoming calls. I can see the call and answer, but silence is experience on both ends. I can call out and voice works fine. I have reset my network, reset my airave, and rebooted my Galaxy S7 several times to no avail. This is a pretty big issue for me, since wi-fi calling is unreliable to the extreme, and there the Sprint signal at my house is about 1 bar, which means terrible call quality. Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Airave stopped transmitting/receiving voice on all incoming calls

Good morning JasonHaxton

Sorry to read you are having trouble with the Airave device.

Please contact our Airave Expert at 866-556-7310. You can also visit: http://sprint.co/28ZV6NH for help troubleshooting and setting up the device. If you have any other questions or concern, let us know.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Good morning. I am having the same issue, but didn't realize until I read your post that it may be the Airave. I thought it was an all around issue with incoming calls, so I stopped bothering to answer calls when I'm not at home. I thought it was a phone issue and got a new LG G5 from sprint a few weeks ago. It worked fine, but I bought a Galaxy S7 a few days later. It seemed to be working just fine until today. No sound on incoming calls. I discovered today that wifi calling works, but I'm not always near wifi.

GrandMaster

this is only happening while at home in range of the airave correct? and not while youre out and about in town etc?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I think so. I unplugged my Airave and turned off wifi calling, so I was "roaming". I called myself on the house phone & everything worked just fine. So, it's either the Sprint Network causing the issue or the Airave.

GrandMaster

youre roaming so the airave would make sense to have. plug it back in and let it fully boot up..once its done test your phone again..if it doesnt work try going into your phones mobile settings and change it from Automatic to CDMA/LTE and test again..if it still doesnt work for incoming then go back in and switch it to CDMA only..then retest..i have heard of some newer spark capable phones having issues with the airave in the past but its only here and there..switching to CDMA only for some reason usually worked. just have to remember to switch back to automatic or CDMA/LTE once you leave so you have LTE again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have a basic phone (not a smart/android phone)  and I have the airave 2.5+ near me connected to the network all 4 lights are shining a solid green

but my phone is catched badly service of it the last few weeks it never gets connected

Anyone could advise me how to make it more affected working?

Thanks

GrandMaster

what all have you attempted so far? and is your phone the only one on it or are there others using the airave? and if so are they seeing the same thing?

Sprint Social Care

Good morning AriBelz

Is your device in 3G or 4G? When you try to make a call, do you hear the beep prior to connecting the call?

Keep in mind that we have a dedicated department exclusively for the Airave. You can reach them at 866-556-7310.

You can also visit: http://sprint.co/2cFMPCJ

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello fireguy_6364, Thanks for your help. Nothing major what I can get done about it, since all 4 lights are shining green - so Sprint claims that it should work perfectly fine, when meanwhile my LG Remarq is basically not catching the Airave service. So what else could I do?

Journeyman

1. I have the LG Remarq [inappropriate link removed] I'm not sure how the system is operating.
  2. When my phone gets connected to the Airave I hear the beeps prior each phone call but since im telling you that lately it doesn't get connected to it so I don't hear the beep
  3. and sometimes when there are other sprint phones in my area they are getting the service of the airave right a way
GrandMaster

if others connect to it just fine then its gotta be something with your device. somehow its not seeing it or vice versa. when you get home if it isnt connecting try to update your profile on the phone to see if it re connects.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat