Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave will not work with U-Verse [DSL]?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Airave will not work with U-Verse [DSL]?

So, I recently moved to a new house with little to no cell service.  I called the Airave department to see about getting one for my house so that we can use our cell phones at the house.  The agent asked a series of questions about my broadband service and promptly ended the conversation with "The airave is not compatible with your broadband service". 

So, here is my situation:

I am well versed in networking, although I have never had DSL/UVerse before, always been a cable customer.

Currently, I have ATT U-Verse, which I believe may actually be DSL, but not sure with 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

My speeds are very consistent, with very low ping times.  I also have a very good VoIP score.

I currently use an OBi110 with Google voice for my home phone and have had no issues with call quality.

My 2Wire modem is set up as a pass-through device using the DMZ-Plus, giving a public IP address to my Linksys router.

I have dd-WRT running on my router and it acts as a VPN endpoint and firewall, among other things.  I have no issues with accessing my network from outside (using the VPN).

I can also create IPSec connections going out, which I think would satisfy the Airave requirements.

The question asked by the rep was "Does your modem have a coaxal connection or a telephone type connection?"  My answer was a telephone connection (which it is).

So, my question is, what am I missing here and is it really impossible to have an Airave working with my connection?  I really feel like I was getting the run around.  If I cannot get service at my house, I will have no choice but to go somewhere else.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

Thanks to kd.fst.  I have receieved an Airave and it works perfectly.  Don't know what the phone rep was telling me.  Anyway, now I have service in my house.  Can't complain.

-Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

BillTinsley,

I would like to look into this for you. Please PM me with your phone number and PIN to your account. With that information I can call Airave Support and see what’s going on for you. I’m looking forward to getting you the Airave so that we can keep you as a satisfied customer.

Sean l

Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks to kd.fst.  I have receieved an Airave and it works perfectly.  Don't know what the phone rep was telling me.  Anyway, now I have service in my house.  Can't complain.

-Bill

View solution in original post

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat