cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airvana 2.5 problems

Journeyman

Airvana 2.5 problems

I have 2 Kyocera Milaon's &  a Rumor Touch on my plan.  I am having issues with the 'we cannot connect your call at this time' message, dropping immediatley after dialing, it doesn't even 'ring' the outgoing call sometimes. There is also a horrible 'crackling' noise when the other person is talking. This happens with incoming and outgoing calls and it's extremely frustrating! It also happens if I turn the Wifi connection off!! It happens on all 3 phones on the plan! Someone give me some idea's please!!  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Airvana 2.5 problems

Sorry you are having an issue making calls.  Does this only happen when using the airave.  Are all the lights green on the airave?  When you place a call or get a calld o you hear three tones?  

How long have you had this issue has it been long term or something recent?     Have you tried power cycling the airave unit  by removing the power cord and waiting for the lights to go green?

Could you go to this web site and run the test    voiptest.8x8.com    Would need the results for upload speed   download speed  Quality of service jitter and Packet loss %

Journeyman

All my lights stay lit, I hear the 'beep, beep, beep,' and my tests are download 760kbps, upload 358, Quality of Service is at 31% ( that would be my DSL carrier I'm sure-they're pretty terrible) jitter 61.4ms, packet loss 0.3%, MOS 3.4...so I'm guessing the problems are resulting from my DSL server/the router and wifi thing I have....it's been reset, by me and reboot thing from help desk, as well as power cycled...nothing helps.  My old airave worked great, then just quit on me in less than a month so the upgraded me to the 2.5 and I'm so sick of this! a Sprint customer service rep actually told me to look into a differetnt provider! I know another company hasn't got issues of the magnatude Sprint does in my area! UGH!!!

Master

You are connecting to the Airave  that is what the beeps tell us  The Quality of service should be above 80%

would like to see a download speed above 1Mb/sec  upload speed is ok  Jitter should be 5ms or less.  I would with the Internet provider to see if they can help with the quality of service and jitter issue.  Tell them you are having a problem with  a VOIP connection You might also want to check to see if you are getting the download speed your are paying for   Most services are about 5 Mb/sec  Is the unit set up  modem airave router?

Journeyman

My server has a constant issue with speed. I've even ran multiple tests and recorded for them and it's a chronic issue. I will contact them.  I'm setup as modem, router , airave...it's the only way it works here

Highlighted
Master

Thank you for the information.  If no one else is using the internet devices does the call quality improve?  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat