Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airvana Airave Speed Question.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Airvana Airave Speed Question.

I have a question about the airave unit.  I have AT&T broadband service with 6 Mbps speed.  On Wifi the speed is a solid 5.5 Mbps download.  When I turn Wifi off and the phone connects to the Airave unit and the test is repeated the speed is only 1.5 Mbps.  Why?  Is the Airave known to slow the speed down?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Oops, I may have misunderstood your original question.   The Airave's "data" is still EVDO and 1.5MBps is actually on the higher side of our 3G EVDO service.  So, we would consider that pretty good.  You can use your wifi on your phone instead of the Airave's EVDO capabilities for a higher data speed, then turn it off when leaving Airave coverage. 

Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Are you connecting your modem directly to the Airave or the router.  If the Airave is not in use, meaning, no calls or EVDO being used, and it's connected directly to your modem, there should be little to no reduction in it's data pass-through. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Airave is connected directly to the modem there is no router.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an airave as well, the reason you see the decrease in speed has to do with the fact that you are connecting at evdo speeds through the airave. What that means is that you will be getting speeds comparable to the sprint network. Thats why i make sure that i use wifi when i am home.

Highlighted
Master

Oops, I may have misunderstood your original question.   The Airave's "data" is still EVDO and 1.5MBps is actually on the higher side of our 3G EVDO service.  So, we would consider that pretty good.  You can use your wifi on your phone instead of the Airave's EVDO capabilities for a higher data speed, then turn it off when leaving Airave coverage. 

Tom

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank You Tom and RobOrtiz.

I just wanted to check since I just upgraded my internet service and to see if it was working "as expected" or if it should be transferring data faster.  I appreciate your answers!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat