Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airvana Outage?

Journeyman

Airvana Outage?

There was an outage last night, where I was unable to send or receive texts (though it half-worked, the text would send, but my phone would think it hadn't, as a result, the receipient got many many copies of the same text). It started working again.

Now, again, today, same issues with texts. And phone calls only randomly work - I tried making a call just now and got prompted for a credit card number or to make a collect call.

WHAT IS GOING ON, SPRINT?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

This is currently a widespread communication problem between Sprint towers and Airvana units.

I contacted Sprint following Friday's nationwide voice/sms outage (10/8), as my Airvana has been unable to establish a comection to the network since that time. I was even 'provisioned' twice - ie, new number assigned to the unit. This morning (Sunday, 1am Eastern time), the Airave tech looked up my account in order escalate my status to a formal ticket, and saw that this is a very widespread problem and has to do with the towers. Sprint engineers are working on it, but this is highly disruptive (without the AIrvana, my business has no signal whatever except when a breeze from the west gets me up to zero bars). Over the past few days, Sprint has been rushing 4G into multiple markets and I suspect something about this has made things go catastrophically wrong.

Not one word from Sprint, though.

Journeyman

Update - Sun Oct 10 - 6:24pm EST - my Airave (Airvana) is back on

Journeyman

My Airvana Airave device also went down Monday evening, but service was restored to it within a couple of hours.  However, it has gone back down again, and I have been without voice and data service for all of today (Tuesday) and no one is answering the phones at Airave Support (which is understandable if they are being overwhelmed, but at least they could put up a message saying they are WORKING on it!).

What gives guys???

Journeyman

According to a forum poster over here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24919530-Free-from-Sprint

Sprint is no longer shipping Airvanas due to known problems.

From that post:

"I tried to get one from Sprint within the last 2-3 weeks and they didn't  have the ability to ship "AirVana's" anymore. They said they had some  bugs in there that they had to fix. Anyone else know about that??"

Edit: Mine seems to have gone down again after being up all week.

Message was edited by: bent42

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat