cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airwave 2.5 problem- phones not connecting

Highlighted
Journeyman

Airwave 2.5 problem- phones not connecting

I've had an Airwave 2.5 for over a year now and everything worked fine. Recently none of our sprint phones will connect to it. It has all solid green lights. I've reset it, powered it on/off, nothing seems to work.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samething happing to me all the lights are on but neither my wifes or my phone connect to the airwave. I even powered down to see it that worked.

Highlighted
Wizard

HawkBoys,

Oh no! Below I have included some basic steps that I find most the time corrects the issues. If these don’t work, you may need to contact Airave tech support at (866) 556-7310

Performing the following steps can help you resolve some of the more common device issues that you may experience with your AIRAVE® Access Point.

• Make sure your AIRAVE is in an approved service area by visiting www.sprint.com/airavecoverage and verify that you have an active broadband Internet connection.
  • Make sure your AIRAVE is activated on your account.
  • Verify that your AIRAVE  has been set-up correctly by following the setup instructions in the Getting Started Guide or User Guide.
  • The first time your AIRAVE is installed, be sure to allow up to 2 hours for device provisioning and software updates.
  • Make sure the GPS LED light is solid green. If it has been flashing green for more than 30 minutes, install the external GPS antenna. Installation instructions can be found in the User Guide.
  • Make sure your AIRAVE is connected directly to your cable or DSL modem. Any additional equipment, such as a computer or router, should be plugged into one of the AIRAVE’s available LAN ports.
  • If your AIRAVE has been working and has stopped:
    • Make sure your AIRAVE is still active on your account
    • Power cycle the AIRAVE, modem and router (if you use an additional personal/home router) by unplugging all power cables and plugging them back in one at a time, starting with the modem, then the AIRAVE and then the router, with approximately 1-2 minutes between each device.
  • If all LED lights are green, your AIRAVE is properly set up, and is still having voice issues, run an Internet speed test to determine for possible broadband service provider issues. We recommend a minimum of 300 kbps (both upstream and downstream) for voice services and 3 Mbps downstream and 1.8 Mbps upstream for data services.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Troubleshoot_common_issues_on_your_AIRAVE_Access_Point/cas... 2.5 troubleshooting&id16=airave 2.5 troubleshooting

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team
Tuesday-Saturday 1-10pm mst.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wrote the comment below and it looks like I owe Sprint and the Airave folks an apology.

Shortly after I wrote this my router gave out. After buying a new one, the Airrave works great. I don't understand why that would be the case since I had it wired to go into the Airave before the router. That was over a week ago and so far Airave 2.5 is working every bit as good the original that I had for 6 years.

My apologies - I deleted the unfair accusations portion of my original comment below, but left the rest in case it helps anyone else. I did not try removing the router entirely. Maybe that would have help me diagnose a router problem earlier.

I had the original Airave 1.0 for 6 years and it worked great. Finally it died and now I have the 2.5 version. My phones (my wife's phone and my phone) connect about 1 in 10 calls. So it cannot be any of the standard answers. When I dial *99 most of the time I hear one of the 3 Airave beeps and it hangs up on me. The rest of the time it tells me "the feature code you've entered is not valid". Maybe 1 in 10 times, I will hear the 3 beeps and the message about being in Airave coverage. I get it so rarely I don't remember it word for word. And yes, all of the lights are solid green, and yes the Airave is connected directly to the cable modem, my router is attached to the Airave. And yes I've powered everything off, let sit for over 2 minutes, then power it all up again, over and over.

Message was edited by: RickSanDi

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues. Everything was working fine and connecting to Airave but no phones do now. Waiting now two days for call from upper level support. Regular Airave sorry could not get any of my phones to connect. Lower level support said it's some system wide problem of wrong "keys"with lte phones? Whatever that means?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also having the same problem everything worked fine untill i got my nexus 5 and activated it. Now noone in my house can connect to the airave anymore. What can i do to get this issue resolved. I'm in A area where we cant use our phones AT ALL without it., Cant text , Call anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Support fixed the problem. What they had to do with the Airave is remove the latest update. Once they did that, it has worked fine!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Support fixed the problem. What they had to do with the Airave is remove the latest update. Once they did that, it has worked fine!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

They did the same with mine....rolled back the software. My phones connect but it's intermittent. For instance my Note 2 hasn't connected for two days now. No way too force it to connect. Very frustrating

Highlighted
Master

JettubbyT,

Thanks for posting and we apologize for not responding to your question. To receive a faster response in the future, please live chat with us at http://www.sprint.com/landings/chat/?ECID=vanity:chat If you are still experiencing the issue that you mentioned, please try turning off your LTE when connected to the Airave. To do so tap you apps key > Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > select CDMA.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat