cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad phone service needs to be fixed immediately.

Highlighted

Bad phone service needs to be fixed immediately.

I been having issues with drop calls since getting my Samsung 4S.  I have spoken twice to Sprint about the problem.  I was offered a discount on my bill the first time and told they would dispatch a tech to the field to fix.  Waited for two weeks, nothing happened.  I call back again about two weeks ago, again I am promised a credit on my bill and a tech to be dispatched to fix, also I was provided a phone number where I could get an AirAve if things did not improve.  I reset my phone 3 business days later, no improvement in signal, drop calls continue.  I waited about a week, reset the phone again, no change in the signal still, phone is still dropping calls.  I called the phone number to order a AirAve that the account manager provided me about 2 weeks ago and I was told tonight that I would need to pay for one.  Sprint I am paying your company to provide me with a 4G LTE service and I can't even get 2G phone calls to my home.  Prior to changing out my phone, I was paying for 4G WMAX services that I was not getting either and I was barely get 3g services here.  On your coverage map you state my home is in a perfect area and I should be excellent services.  The person on the phone stated that we should have 4G LTE services coming on line in the next 90 days, when the Sprint store told me that it would be turned on over 4 weeks ago in my area.  I'm really getting ****** off about this, do I have to write another letter to your Corporate President again about the problems I have been experiencing?  I had to do it once before and I will not hesitate to do it again.  Please rectify this issue at once.  I paid a $137.00 per month for years now until recently when I switch to this new phone that suppose to work better than my old Samsung 2S, because I was told the old WMAX service is going to be turned off and I would no longer get a 4G service on the phone.  I come to find out, your company does even have the LTE service up in most areas.  I feel like I am being cheated again.

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Bad phone service needs to be fixed immediately.

TeaPartier_Al,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear about the network issues you're encountering. I'd like to look into this and see what is happening with the towers in your area. Can you please let me know your zip code and cross streets? Also, are you seeing any error messages on your phone? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

98031 - S. 240th and 94th Ave S.

Sometimes I get no service messages.

Master

TeaPartier_Al,

Is the issue mainly in your home or other areas?  Also powercycle and update the device by ##72786#. The device will reset and then update the profile.Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

*Paida

Journeyman

Since 2005 I have been a loyal customer of Sprint, so it is extremely upsetting to report the constant dismal customer service and data service that I have received.

For the past 6 months, I have had credit on my bill for good reason, however I am now receiving a bill and not receiving any better service.

I feel very strongly about the lack of respect that I have been receiving as a reliable, paying customer and as such, I must raise attention to these recurring issues. I am officially at my wits end. I cannot even listen to a complete song.

Please look over my record history.

I have been hearing that there are outages in this area for over one year.

The data and service is terrible and I absolutely refuse to pay for service that doesn't work. Your customer service representatives have hung up on me, promised to call me back and never do, promised to send an air rave and did not.

I really insist on terminating this contract without a fee. It is unfair of you to do otherwise.

I have spent countless hours and the store and nothing helps.

I have also power cycled and updated the device by ##72786# as well as update network

Master

GINALABORDE,

We can understand your frustration. That is not a the way we want our customer feeling. Please allow us to review over your account. Can you PM us with your account number and pin code. This will allow us to access your account. Also provide a nearby cross street and zip code. This will allow us to pin point the tower that are used. Hang in there. We are on the case.

Social Care,
Lamar
Journeyman

I have the Airave in my home & I can sit 2 feet from it & I drop calls. I also went to the Sprint store BUT I was told that my Samsung S4 will only connect to the 800 towers which it SHOULD be connecting to the higher number towers but its not. I too was told to call Customer Care & ask for a credit on my bill. Which I never did. Why? Because whenever I call them I get a run around. My husband , my son & I were sitting less than a foot from my Airave & BOTH of them had perfect coverage, clear calls & 4 lines on their phone I barely had 1 . BUT Sprint will do NOTHING to help me . We have been with Sprint for 12 years & I think maybe its time to go to another company since i pay DOUBLE than what is on commercials right now for 4 lines of service. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Master

SeiberT, This sure isn't good to hear and we would definitely hate to lose you. We appreciate your business of 12 years or more and we want you and your family to have reliable service too. Please allow us to help. Are you able to open a browser using your home internet service? This is to ensure that your Airave device is provisioned correctly. If so, try this: Settings>More Tab>System Update>1st Update PRL>2nd Update Profile. Please be sure to power your device off for two to three minutes before performing the troubleshooting steps. Keep us updated. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Patron

I have found that in order to have my Airave 2.5 work with my iPhone 6 I have to turn off my LTE. I do always have to remember to turn my LTE off and on when leaving and coming home if I want to keep my service good.

Journeyman

I've been with Sprint for 16 years (been through all the ups and down in coverage) In the past 2 years i've had to get the Airave due to a relocation. The Airave worked great for my EVO LTE yet never would connect with my daughters IPHONE. Last week i got the IPHONE 6 and have been troubleshooting trying to get it to connect to the iphone. I was certainly not going to turn off anything to get it to connect then try to remember to reconnect once i left the house. I unplugged my airave for a minute, let it come back up then pushed the reset for about 20 seconds. I dialed *99 on my phone and it finally connected. I DO NOT have to disable or change any settings (LTE is on).

Master

4SandyFeet - Thank you for posting this resolution. Hopefully this will be helpful to other customers. Your feedback is very much appreciated. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat