cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad reception at home, tech says airvana will fix it, rep wants me to pay $129 or wait till next year!

Journeyman

Bad reception at home, tech says airvana will fix it, rep wants me to pay $129 or wait till next year!

Well my day is starting off really bad. I come to my office and guess what? The air conditioning is out! They've ordered parts but it won't be back in service until tomorrow or the day after. No problem I can work from my house. I have broadband internet with a fast 16meg connection. I can log into my office pc and continue right along. Except my customers call my cell phone when they need me and my Sprint cell phone barely gets any signal at my house. The driveway to my home connects to a state highway. I don't live in a major city but I also do not live in a rural area (although this depends on your definition of rural).

For years now, I've simply suffered through the dropped or missed calls when I'm at home because I knew that there was nothing I could do about it. After all, I don't expect Sprint to build a cell tower in my backyard. Then I ran into a friend who told me about a device that connects to your high speed internet that will allow you to use your sprint phone like it's VoIP. He said it was called an airvana and that when he called and complained they sent him one for free just because he had been a loyal Sprint customer. So I decided to call and try my luck.

Well, apparently even though I'm a Gold Premier customer, I've been with them since 2005, and up until a couple of months ago I had 2 lines at $99 each it just wasn't enough. After talking with 3 different people the last person simply said I could try to get one for you but it will be January before we get any more to give out. However, she could connect me to sales and I can buy one for $129 and they can ship it right away! The other option she mentioned was buying a used one on eBay! She was very sweet, and I'm sure only doing what her supervisors told her to do. Then I had an idea! How about the Sprint customer service department could walk down the hallway and knock on the Sales Department's door and say, "Hi, can we please have one of those Airvana's to give to the guy? He's been a good customer and we really want him to be happy." I'm sure they would say, "Absolutely! We have plenty to go around. Here you go and tell him to hang in there!" Of course that would be to easy I guess.

I'm disappointed that my friend with almost no effort gets a free airvana and can now talk on his Sprint phone at home.Meanwhile I sit here roasting like a pig and I get to wait till next year or pay for something that I feel really shouldn't be necessary to start with. Granted some of my frustration is the lack of cool air and that is certainly not Sprint's fault. The fact that I'm miserable, in an indirect way, is Sprint's fault. If the Sprint service worked at my house or if they would stop being stingy and send me an Airvana the next time something like this happens I could go home like all my co-workers.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Bad reception at home, tech says airvana will fix it, rep wants me to pay $129 or wait till next year!

Sorry for the inconvenience here JFERRELL72 - Here is the reality:

1. Due to increasing demand for the AIRAVE, Sprint is currently out of stock.
    • We’re expecting new AIRAVE inventory to be available in 45 days (this was posted on 8/12/2011).
  2. Confirm that the customer would like to be placed on an AIRAVE Communication List to receive a text message once inventory is available providing instructions concerning how they can contact Sprint to order an AIRAVE.
  3. Emphasize that there is no need to call back to request a status.
    • Sprint will send them a text message via their Sprint PTN once inventory is available.
  • Note that the PTN entered into the AIRAVE Access Point Request Form must be a Sprint wireless number.
  • This will be the PTN that will be used when texting the customer with instruction concerning how to contact Sprint to order their AIRAVE.

**"For Sale" AIRAVE units are still available in retail stores and through Telesales.

Please send me a Private Message with your Sprint phone number (please do not post your private information here in the forums) and i'll get you signed up!

Journeyman

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AND GOT TOLD THE SAME THING NOT LESS THEN 10 MINUTES AGO THAT i COULD SWITHC OUT PHONE AND THAT MIGHT HELP BUT i WILL PROBABLY STILL HAVE THE LOST SIGNAL ISSUE WITH A NEW PHONE. sHE DID A FEW THINGS TO TRY TO BOOST BUT NO LUCK. i CAN'T AFFORD TO TRADE MY PHONE OUT AGAIN FOR DIFFERENT MODEL SO WHAT AM i SUPPOSSED TO DO.

Journeyman

*raises hand* I'm in the same boat. I'm an 8 year customer having this problem for the last FIVE. No service at home and keep hearing, "They'll be building a tower in your area soon" Wow, I hope their definition of "SOON" gets better than 5 years where ya'll are at. Why should we have to PAY to get a good signal? Isn't that WHY we pay over 150 bucks a month for in the first place? There ARE towers here in Texas and I roam... sometimes on my phone so SOMEBODY can build a tower out here. Seriously Sprint, this is getting old. Airave should be FREE to all us in the dead zone that continue to pay for nothing. I stay at home 5 out of 7 days a week and if not for my land line, I'd never have a phone. Why did I get this EVO for if I can't even use it??

I just spent the last 20 minutes with the live chat support that kept copying and pasting their generic answers to me, and when I call, the accent is so thick I can't understand.. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Come on Sprint! We pay you enough money.. DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Journeyman

I callled in on 8/11, I have had sprint service for 1 month, they offered me free airave, and even waived the deposit for adding another line. If you talk with the right person ***account manager**** they can get that done for you. I was also told it is on backorder and to expect a few weeks delay, when i called today to check my status, the sprint rep said that someone had pushed through my order(meaning i cut a lot of people in line) and it should be sent out within the next 3 to 5 days! thanks to the unknown sprint rep that pushed my order through!!!!

Journeyman

Well, I like your post. I laughed hard in a coffee shop and spilled.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat