cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting on Evo with Airave coverage?

I have two phones on my account and a airave airvana. The bug that I have found is as follows. When I am on my Evo with a phone call and someone calls me while I am on the phone, call waiting does not alert me with a beep. The phone lights up, it gives me the option on whether to accept incomming call but there is no beep. This has resulted in countless missed calls.My other phone works fine. When I go out of airave range both phones work fine as well. Anybody have any suggestions other then a hard reset to the phone. I had countless issues in the past when phone was first released wich resulted in numerous resets on a daily basis and since the 2.2 update the phone has been working flawlessly. I don't want to have to go through another reset since it has been working great, IMHO a reset probably would be a waste of time and would not fix this issue. Turning call waiting off would be an option but I don't seem to be abe to do that through hash codes or under phone settings. I believe this is an airave bug not a phone bug since the phone works fine out of range of Airave.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Call waiting on Evo with Airave coverage?

I am having the exact same problem........  HELP!!!!

The phone lights up, it gives me the option on whether to accept incomming call but there is no beep. This has resulted in countless missed calls.My other phone works fine. When I go out of airave range both phones work fine as well. Anybody have any suggestions other then a hard reset to the phone. I had countless issues in the past when phone was first released wich resulted in numerous resets on a daily basis and since the 2.2 update the phone has been working flawlessly. I don't want to have to go through another reset since it has been working great, IMHO a reset probably would be a waste of time and would not fix this issue. Turning call waiting off would be an option but I don't seem to be abe to do that through hash codes or under phone settings. I believe this is an airave bug not a phone bug since the phone works fine out of range of Airave.

Message was edited by: JMAYS001

Journeyman

I too am having this issue.  I called airave support and the lady told me to wait a couple days after I had already waited 5 days??  Very poor support.  I have not noticed the lighting up of the phone when i get an incoming call, but I really havent payed attention to it.  Another problem that I am noticing is that once i hang up and view my call log the number shows up but with no caller ID attached to it.  The number is stored in my phone as a contact but the phone doesnt register the name.. it shows the person as "unknown".   I will keep calling until it gets resolved.

Message was edited by: zachylee84

I wanted to add that I have had the airave for almost a week now.  Not sure if this is an issue with the airave unit fresh out of the box or not.  Anyone else have it the same amount of time?  I reset the airave for the first time so I will update to inform if this is confirmed as a solution.  cheers

Message was edited by: zachylee84

Sprint I think updated the firmware recently on the airave. One of my phones now pulls the weather correctly. It had not been able to do in the past, it would constantly search and would drain the battery as a result. So one phone now works correctly, so thats a good thing. Unfortunatly the call waiting still seems to be a issue on the other phone. It seems strange that the phone does light up and give me an option to answer or decline but no beep. I may give the problematic phone a hard reset in a couple weeks when I get some free time. Will post results if it actualy works.

Message was edited by: mjohnson2468

Journeyman

I have the same problem.

I just replaced my samsung airave unit (it started echoeing my calls) yesterday with the new airvana unit.

The installation worked the first time with no problems, other than to have call to activate, when my instructions said that the unit was already activated.That wasted 1 hour of my time.

Once activated the airvana appeared to work fine.

Today, I noticed that I was missing calls while I was on another call. I also noticed that I was missing text messages while I was on another call.

I checked out my situation and found that when I am on a call, and another call comes in (or a text message), my phone's screen lights up, but there is no sound alerting me to this new event coming in.

Being that the phone (treo pro) is next to my ear, i couldn't possibly be looking at the screen to see that it is lighting up - therefore I miss the call, and have missed a dozen calls today already.

I then called Sprint and asked to be switched to their airave technical department. Their airave technical department confirmed that this is a "KNOWN ISSUE". They also said that there is no timeframe for a fix.

To me, this means that ...they know about it; they've known about it for some time; and they don't appear to feel that it is important enough to fix.

So, from me, I must declare that this new airvana unit is defective.

If anyone finds a fix for this, please post it before i drop Sprint (which I have been with for years), and go to verizon who shows full bars where i live.

Journeyman

@ TOMCIOSEK1

I have made many calls to the airrave support group.  I am currently on my second brand new unit and I am still having the call waiting issue [noteI had an issue for about 2-3 weeks where calls to what seemed like only at&t customers that would cut off the call right in the middle of a conversation or voicemail but this problem seems to be fixed ].  I have talked to many different support representatives and the current status is the airvana technicians are working on a fix with sprint as we speak.  No date has been given for a fix but they hope to have a solution in the near future.  I hope spint/airvana sees the importance of getting this fixed as quickly as possible... as we are in a position that will either make or break our decision to stay with sprint. This issue is especially important to me since I use my cell as my home phone.  I dont know what is worse, not having call waiting or having no bars. 

Just fyi, I am using the HTC Evo 4g.  This phone is great but not when I have no reception. 

Dont let us down Sprint...

Journeyman

I have also been on the phone with the airave department - only to get promises that the call waiting problem is a known issue, and it is being worked on.

I don't believe that it is being worked on.

My problems started when the original airave unit i had used flawlesly for 2 1/2 years started having problems such as taking an incoming call and only hearing my voice come back to me as an echo.

Many lost calls later, I called Sprint.

Sprint's solution was to send me a new Airvana. I instantly had the call waiting problem - when i was on a call, i would not get the "beep" when there was an incoming call. More lost important incoming calls.

My experience with the Airave department is that most of those answering the phone have never heard about this issue - so they run you through all sorts of gyrations with no results. (A waste of hours.)

Then one technicial suggested that I buy a new Samsung unit from Ebay, since my old Samsung unit worked flawlessly until a problem developed.

So, I bought a brand new Samsung airave unit, had it activated and --guess what, this new unit is still giving me the "echoe" problem that brought me to the new defective Airvana.

Here are my observations: Sprint started having problems with the original Samsung unit that worked flawlessly for me, so they switched to the Airvana unit which has its own problems.

I noted in this blog, that this call waiting problem was first noted in the blog on 11/28/2010 -- over 5 months ago.

The old Samsung airave unit is now a problem, and the new Airvana unit is a problem, and I cannot picture someone at www.airvana.com working on this for 5 months, and not having a fix yet.

Other than switching to Verizon (my guests show me they get full bars with Verizon) does anyone know how to get Sprint to accept responsibility and get this unit working properly?

Highlighted

Call waiting fixed on HTC Evo Gingerbread update. Also noticed that when I am on the phone and the battery is dying I now recieve an audible alert that I evidently was not getting before update. I am glad that I never reset the phone as Airave dept insisted on to correct the issue over the last 9 months. At long last, thank you Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat