cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect through Airave. Three Beeps instead of two.

Journeyman

Can't connect through Airave. Three Beeps instead of two.

So, I've had an Airave for a couple of years and once I got the GPS worked out it is usually a dream but I returned from a business trip last night and am now having issues. When I dial *99 I receive the message that I am within Airave coverage and hear three same beeps but before I left there was a two-tone indicator when the Airave was working correctly. When I make a call I get the three beeps but the call is not connecting through the Airave beacuse I don't have full bars and I can see the port light on the router is not blinking indicating it is receiving traffic. I have powered down the Airave, router and phone in just about every possible combination but cannot make or receive a call that goes through the Airave. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Can't connect through Airave. Three Beeps instead of two.

Hey Sal,

Sounds like there may be a registration issue with the Airave. Often the power cycle will help this but I may need to check the back end. Can you shoot me a PM with your Airave phone number or the MAC ID found on the bottom of the device?

Thanks,

Chris

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat