Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel due to bad coverage?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Cancel due to bad coverage?

I opened a new account back in February, since then I have had to move, and the coverage where I moved is lousy, on the coverage map it's marked as a "fair" coverage area.. My phone goes in and out of roaming, and often will lose 3G, since I have an iPhone, it's pretty much useless without 3G. I am considering cancelling already because it gets annoying trying to use my phone, because most of the time, things won't load, or messages won't send, or sometimes I won't even recieve phone calls. I've talked to customer service and they said that my zip code was in a "good" coverage area.. But just not where I live.. I do use a lot of roaming data, but as of right now, I'm not entering any overages. My issue, is it just gets annoying.. I am considering making the switch to Verizon, do to better coverage in the area -- I know that for a fact.. So what are my options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

An airave may be an option. An airave is a mini tower that helps boost your signal inside your house. In order to be qualified for an airave, you must have broadband and or DSL internet. You can also check to see if airave is available in your area by clicking on this link: www.sprint.com/airavecoverage.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

An airave may be an option. An airave is a mini tower that helps boost your signal inside your house. In order to be qualified for an airave, you must have broadband and or DSL internet. You can also check to see if airave is available in your area by clicking on this link: www.sprint.com/airavecoverage.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

if an airave will not work where  you live right now, cancelling the account may be the last option for you. have you tried going to a sprint store to have a phone check up?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ended up ordering an Airave from Sprint, since I had to walk out into the street to get phone calls, and even then they would drop out sporadically. I called Sprint's  "Customer Retention" line and explained the problem to them, told them i had checked my address on their coverage maps and it was listed as "fair". They then mailed me an Airave via UPS, and I got it the next week. It works really well, surprisingly. I now get phone service at 4-5 bars. So, i would call that number, they'll send it to you for free and not charge you any monthly fees or anything if you're in a "fair" reception area, and unable to make calls from home. I remember, that when I found this info online, like a month or two ago, some people said Sprint ended up wanting to charge them for the product/service. But, i think it was because they were either in a really good reception area, and just saw that people in poor reception areas were getting them for free, or they were just rude to the customer rep. They didn't charge me a dime.

Sprint Customer Retention Line:  877-775-4886

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like I'm going to be trying to get one too . I have nothing in an area Sprint's coverage site reports as "Fair". No data most of the time unless i'm on my wifi. Not sure phone updates can be done that way. So I would probably have to get in my car and drive to a cell site to be able to get an OTA update for my phone. I left AT&T because of high prices. My wife's EVO (older one) gets a good signal my my Motorola Photon is worthless. So I guess an Airave is the answer for me since they don't seem to want to send me another Photon to try.

What is the difference between the Arirave and the Airrave Access Point?

http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Sprint/AIRAVE_Access_Point-dvc1230002prd

http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Sprint/AIRAVE_by_Sprint-dvc1230001prd

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat