cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot dial out when connected to Airave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot dial out when connected to Airave

I have been having an issue for a few weeks now that when connected to Airave I can't call out.  I can receive calls with no issue.  When calling out I get "We are unable to complete your call at this time, please try again later."  Anyone have this issue and find a fix?  I have tried other phones and all have the same issue when connected to Airave.  Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Cannot dial out when connected to Airave

Same issue here. Started happening Saturday, so the big storm is not the issue.  I called the Airave support line and they did various resets, etc, the had me do a couple of test calls.  The test calls went through OK, but immediately after I hung up with Sprint and tried to make some calls, none would go through and I'd get the 'cannot complete your call...' recording.  I unplugged the Airave and all the calls went through, so the issue has to be something with the Airave.

Journeyman

Here's a Sprint forum for Airwave issues

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2 (SarahKS - This link is not a Sprint authorized forum and there are no authorized Care agents answering questions there.)

Sprint Employee

Hello j_ibbetson, This message will be heard if a call attempt cannot be completed because the Airave switch cannot reach the destination switch, or the remote switch responds that the call cannot be completed . typically this message will be seldom presented and is more likely during peak use times. I will gladly look into this for you if you send me a private message, However unfortunately due to the storm some connections are unavailable between switches, reducing available capacity, and some switches are off line altogether. Some work may have to be completed by network before we are able to report a problem like this.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024: Why would my calls go through fine with the Airave disconnected, but not when connected to it?  I tried again today and the same thing happens.

Sprint Employee

While you are connecting through the airave, your call is first routed through one of few data centers for the airave and swtched from there. while you are on the sprint network your calls are routed normally, and there are a higher number of switches available for call routing, and different redundancy structures available.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Please tell me what to do also - chatting with Sprint online got me nowhere! My Airave still shows a full 5 bars on my phone but no calls will go through - unless someone calls me.

I don't live anywhere near the East coast and it has been doing this since last Thursday.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, I have noticed however I can call out when calling land lines.  However, when calling a celllphone number it fails with "Sorry your call cannot be completed at this time please try again later"  I live no way near the east cost (Midwest) and the cellphones I am calling are also in the (Midwest).

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Got the airave last week thursday and can't call my brother-in-law or nephew's sprint phones when anyone in my home is connected to the airave tower, but I can leave my house and call him with no issues. I have called sprint 2x this AM and was transfered to airave support, who did some update, but that still didn't work. I've tried calling back to airave support, but now the number is busy and hangs up. Apparently it's now a big issue with others.  PLEASE FIX THIS SPRINT!  Why does it work for most calls, but those select 2 sprint phones? Makes no sense!

Journeyman

Same issue here.  Only phones I can't call are other Sprint phones.  I called Airave support and the guy (who was very rude) told me "oh you're connected to a router that's why it doesnt work."  I asked, Why then has this only been the case for two weeks?  I've had the Airave in this configuration for over a year.  He told me it was because of the firewall in the router.  I told him it was disabled and he asked why I even have a router.  I explained it was simply for dolling out IP addresses and he didn't know how to respond.  I also asked why a firewall would restrict Sprint numbers only.  He again had no answer.  He then put me on hold and must have rebooted my Airave baceuse my signal dropped and the call disconnected.  Surprise surprise.  I'll let it reboot and see what happens.

Journeyman

Yes I am STILL experiencing this issue.  It seems to be in my case to be centered around sprint customers.

Journeyman

i have the same issue, I can call any number of another sprint wireless number

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat